I want my money back!
najach
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon wants to charge for every mb we go over, why don't they charge per mb we use within our allowance? I don't use the full 5 gb, but it still costs the same. That's not fair considering the service is crap... too much internet traffic I constantly get disconnected, not to mention the outrageous 5 gb cap per month (especially for these devices meant for laptops/notebooks/desktops... when a plan half the price for phones has unlimited usage), and the built in bandwidth monitor that the Access Manager has is so delayed... and even the live monitor it has under tools doesn't keep a record for us to see.

I don't know what the new update of the Access Manager has, but I'm sure as [edit] not wasting my limited bandwidth to download a program they should have got right the first time... that they should supply to me through mail or an in-store pick-up.

0 Likes
Re: I want my money back!
Not applicable

You have 30 days to decide to keep it or cancel.  Cancel if you're not happy.

0 Likes
xOriginalNinjax
Contributor - Level 1
So...you pay for an allowance, you don't use it, and you want money back...but if you go over, you don't want to be charged? So, if I sell you a gallon of milk, and it spoils before you finish it all, do you want me to give you part of your money back for what you bought? It doesn't work that way...sorry. And if you want more milk than that, then I'll have to charge you for it. It's how it works.
0 Likes
najach
Enthusiast - Level 3

No where did I say I don't want Verizon to abandon overage charges, I'm just saying they should charge for what people use... just as they charge for how far people go over. It should NOT be like buying a gallon of milk. I paid for 5 gb, so I should be able to use all of the 5 gb I paid for. I should be able to "rollover" my data allowance, and if not that, then Verizon should charge us for what we use. It's the least they could do to make up for the ridiculous price and tiny cap. I can't just switch and get a phone and data plan with them, either, 'cause I didn't technically buy a phone with them in the first place (even though my usb device has a sim card, is given a phone number and can send and receive text messages).

They already charge per mb for overages, and they should do so for allowances, too. It would save the customer a lot of money. But considering they changed the termination policies for new contract holders... wow... I'm glad I signed up before that happened; it's such a rip-off.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Apparently, you have never run a business.  It's up to the people who run Verizon to decide what products to offer and what prices to charge and how to structure their pricing.  They do that in view of their competitive situation and profit objectives.  Then, as customers, it's up to us to decide if we want to buy their product.  You had 30 days to make that decision.  You should have cancelled and moved on.  Verizon mobile broadband is designed and priced to be a secondary internet source for people who travel.  It is not designed to be a primary internet source for gamers or people who need large amounts of broadband capacity.  You should get cable or DSL for home use and use your Verizon mobile broadband account when you travel.  If you don't have cable or DSL where you live, you're out of luck, but that's not Verizon's fault.

0 Likes
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually some services providers do forward unused minutes/data. Something of interest is that Verizon is once again under investigation by the FCC for doubling their early termination fees to customers. Verizon's excuse is for the cost of devices. Well give us the option to pay full price for phones or MIFI's and allow us to cancel anytime we choose instead chaining a customer who is dissatisfied to a painful ETF! Verizon needs to watch the footing or they can have the same thing that happened to AT&T years ago happen to them.  Here is is an excellent article about a guy challenging ISP'S about the huge myth of bandwidth hogs as a reason to put caps on people like us.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/12/bandwidth-hogs-dont-even-exist-says-analyst.ars

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Um, Verizon DOES let you purchase a phone at full retail without a contract, it just costs so much no one wants to pay the price. Do your homework.
0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

najach wrote:

I can't just switch and get a phone and data plan with them, either, 'cause I didn't technically buy a phone with them in the first place (even though my usb device has a sim card, is given a phone number and can send and receive text messages).

Yes you can. All you need is a Verizon phone and a phone call to customer service.

0 Likes
ef1165

Rollover would be a fine addition to Verizon. It is the only thing I miss about at&t

0 Likes
trawlerphil

I'm thinking about trying Verizon.  We live in the boonies of eastern NC and I currently have HughesNet Satellite Service for $60/month.  Their "fair access policy" is 200 megabytes per day.  The 2AM to 6AM period is free if you like to stay up nights or have an intelligent download manager. If you violate the 200MB per day limit you go into "pergatory" (my word) for 24 hours and they clock you back to about half of dial-up speed.

We're planning on spending more time on our boat and RV so the Verizon broadband plan seems to make sense and I can live with the 5GB/month cap.  I currently use just under 4GB/month according to HughesNet stats.

Bottom line is "quitcherbitchin", 5GB/month beats 200MB/day and pergatory hands down!

I would drop HughesNet like a $2 suitcase if I could get reasonable service (100KB) out here and be able to figure out how to share the broadband connection when at home.

0 Likes