Re: I have seen numerous discussions as to jetpack data consumption.  My new jetpack is adding up way too much data usage.  What can be done about this?
GoodNewz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The internet I have is secure so I am not understanding how another devise can use my data. Especially when the jetpack is turned off and the SIM card is removed. Yes, you are correct  by inferring no two companies are alike. It just raises red flags when whatever the service you are receiving in any given industry, in the same regional market, the price at least doubles when switching companies and the service is the same for example internet data.

0 Likes
Re: I have seen numerous discussions as to jetpack data consumption.  My new jetpack is adding up way too much data usage.  What can be done about this?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> The internet I have is secure

In the few cases that have actually come to a conclusion malicious users are often not the problem.  The most common culprit is a personal machine that simply behaves differently when connected to the VZW device than it did before. Still, every now and then we hear of neighbors who guessed the WiFi password and were shutoff by picking a new one so we cant ignore it as a possibility.

> Especially when the jetpack is turned off and the SIM card is removed.

Again, don't get too hung up on the timestamps.  Just because VZW reported usage at a certain time does not actually mean that's when the usage occurs.  Billing has always been a little misleading on that subject which is why we use it as a clue, not actual evidence.

> the service is the same for example internet data.

Its not though.  It might appear to be the same result from a users perspective but how it works behind the scenes may be completely different.  Without insight or logging to reveal the actual network activity your guess will be as good as ours as to what is actually happening with your usage.

0 Likes
Re: I have seen numerous discussions as to jetpack data consumption. My new jetpack is adding up way too much data usage. What can be done about this?
GoodNewz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate you attempting to assist. It seems what you are communicating

is another provider maybe what I need.

Respectfully

GN

0 Likes