I am trying to help a friend access her Verzon broadband from Appleton WI. It cannot connect. I'm thinking that she has the wrong number programmed. She has #777. Is this the correct assess number?
karen87

I am beginning to think that this is the problem, though she swears it is the correct phone number. She has not been able to get on line for quite some time. I was able to get it to connect to a restaurant WiFi. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: I am trying to help a friend access her Verzon broadband from Appleton WI. It cannot connect. I'm thinking that she has the wrong number programmed. She has #777. Is this the correct assess number?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What VZW device are you referring to here?  Specific model numbers or information on the VZW service would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: I am trying to help a friend access her Verzon broadband from Appleton WI. It cannot connect. I'm thinking that she has the wrong number programmed. She has #777. Is this the correct assess number?
karen87

She is using a HP mini 311-1037NR.

The modem is HP un2400 Mobile Broadband Mobile Device Module Modem (COM5)

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for sharing that you have a HP Netbook.

Try this troubleshooting document from HP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01763189&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

Post back and let us know how far you get.  We can try to chime in with more suggestions from there.

0 Likes
karen87

I did download the connection manager and it would not work and additionally messed up other programs. She does have VZ Access but that asks for a phone number and I do not have one. It is currently disconnected per what I see on the screen.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Please describe what you mean when you the conection manager did not work.  Screenshots, error messages or step number in the troubleshooting document would be helpful to know. 

I dont see any areas to enter a phone number in the documentation I have found for you netbook.  From what I have read it looks like everything is a matter of selecting the appropriate pre-configured profile and letting the connection software do the rest.  Maybe a screenshot of where you are getting prompted to enter the phone number might shed some more light on the problem.

Your HP Netbook and modem are listed as a supported combo for VZAccess Manager:

http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

That means we should be able to get by with either the HP Connection Manager software or VZAM.  Perhaps you can try to update your VZAM software version to the latest which is 7.3.10.  If VZAM is not recognizing your Modem then perhaps your modem driver has become corrupted and needs to be reinstalled. 

Here is a link to the Drivers and Download page for your HP Netbook:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4051837&lang=en&cc=us...

Choose your OS and see if there are any available software updates that could be applied.

0 Likes
karen87

Connection Manager wound not even start. Microsoft troubleshooter would not work as well as the Narration. This happened when I downloaded Connection Manager 3.1. So I restored the system to prior to the 3.1 instillation

Today I downloaded Connection manager 2.0 during the set up I received this error message "a general error has occurred during connection". So restarted connection manager and had it activate  it and configure the device and then I received error QA916 and it failed to start Verizon Wireless Broadband self activation.

So I started the Connection manager again and received the message QA920  (RAS ERROR 678) that the remote computer did not respond.This happened three times.

The Connection Manager does say that a connection to the "Verizon Wireless" is available. Under My profile is states that a signal is available.

She does have Windows 7 installed on her computer.  Then I went and installed Connection Manager 3.0.

3.0 would not activate the system and then stopped working. I opened it again but the system still would not activate.

So then I downloaded Connection Manager 3.1.  With that I was able to connect with a wireless network HPE710n.829FBF but it did not give any internet access. I tried to connect to Verizon Wireless VZ Access without any success. I kept getting a message that first the Verizon Wireless was set to roaming no. Then it would say roaming yes. It would go back and forth like that but it would not connect.

I do not know if I need to install HP Connection Manager 4.0 as it looks like it supports Ericsson phones.

Tomorrow, I am driving up to see her and go to the Verizon store. It seems the major problem currently is that it will not activate. She says that she pays for her bandwidth monthly but I am going to make sure for myself.

0 Likes
karen87

problem solved. I just hope she remembers to do what the Verizon guy told her to do to get online.

0 Likes