How can I get a plan with more GB a month?
Nickfriggin

I recently purchased the 890L Jetpack and am more or less pleased with it. At worst, my internet speeds are as bad as they were when I had Comcast or was sharing my previous apartment complex's wireless service, and at best it's better than anything I ever got during my brief time with Comcast. However, these plans simply aren't enough for me. I went into a store to get my jetpack, and had to actually return the next day to get the jetpack I had purchased and signed a contract for because the employees had locked themselves out of the safe. They told me I'd be paying roughly $130 a month, plus taxes and the usual little charges here and there, for 20 gigs a month.

I use the internet, a LOT. I know for a fact that 20 gigs isn't going to cover the amount of online activity I go through. We have three devices using this jetpack, an Xbox 360, and two laptops. The 360 is used sparingly, less than 3 or 4 hours a day, but the two laptops are used very, very frequently, with one almost constantly connected. I know that between the two laptops alone we could knock out those 20 gigs in just a single week. There simply HAS to be an alternative Verizon can offer me. I can't go back to Comcast, I got burned pretty badly with their nonsense at my last place, and there just isn't another option in my area for (relatively) high-speed internet. But I'm not going to be able to afford $130 to $150 for 20 gigs, and then another $200 or $300 a month in overages. My first bill hasn't come yet, and the Verizon website isn't really allowing me a good look at my usage, I'm only able to manage a rough estimate of what I'm burning through by using the vz.hotspot page, and even with us holding back, we're easily cutting through 2 gigs a day.

PLEASE somebody tell me there's something I can do to get more data, a better plan, anything.

0 Likes
Re: How can I get a plan with more GB a month?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Check out Verizon HomeFusion:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/homefusion/hf/main.do

Home Fusion offers data plans of 10/20/30GB per month.  You have to be in a 4G LTE service area to use this service though.

Re: How can I get a plan with more GB a month?
Nickfriggin

Wish the rep at the store had taken the initiative to point this out to me, seeing as I had made it emphatically clear that I absolutely needed to get a bigger data package. I guess I'm SOL for what I paid and got set up with on this jetpack.

0 Likes