How can I find out info on a possible mobile internet outage?
marlee7

I have a verizon MIFI 2200 mobile internet device. I have had internet connection issues with it since yesterday (Sunday afternoon).  Desktop computer, IPOD touch, & my laptop all show that they are connected to the mifi.  Internet signal strength is good, shows at least 3 bars.  But we cannot connect to the internet, the page will not load.  Called tech support yesterday.  They ran all basic diagnostics on my laptop settings, and no problems were found.  One support guy said that he saw "tickets" on outage issues, but he could not see where those issues were. 

After 2 hrs on the phone with tech support and finding no solution, we went to the Verizon store.  We decided to go ahead & upgrade to a jetpack mobile device since our unit is 2 yrs old.  While the sales lady was setting up our new unit, she also had the same connection problem.  We also heard other customers in the background with the similar issue.  I can't find out any other info on this.  Nobody seems to know that there is an outage problem, BUT THERE IS AN OUTAGE PROBLEM!  Can someone please help me?  All I want to know is, "Is there an outage problem with Mobile internet/over the air (satellite) in the middle Tenneessee area & when will it be fixed?"

0 Likes
Re: How can I find out info on a possible mobile internet outage?
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

Probably something related to the aftermath of the storms that hit West Virginia, Virginia, DC, and Maryland that is affecting your service. I've noticed a significant drop in network strength up in the Boston area since that happened.

0 Likes
wherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, there is an issue.  Like you, I've had issues and finally (after 2 tries) got through (after a ridiculous wait time) to tech support.  They said that there is a mobile data outage resulting from the storms this past weekend. 

As typical, Verizon has balked at being more proactive and providing outage notifications but instead would prefer to frustrate customers by forcing them to call in, consuming ridiculous amounts of support representative time, and further lowering customer satisfaction. 

Verizon remains a "bi-polar" organization, with some great technology (albeit also with some very poor stuff as well such as the infamous 4150L) but with some of the absolute worst customer service that has ever existed on this planet.

0 Likes
wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having similar problems with my Razr Maxx. Shows I have either 3g or 4g connection but cant get any web page to open, including google market etc. My e-mail is having sync issues as well, just sits there spinning.... Dayton Ohio... possibly storm related from damage on friday???? Anybody else having similar issues?

Cool Wherder thanks for the info.

0 Likes