Re: HomeFusion disconnecting 5+ times per day, out 5-10 minutes each time
wgregory23

This happens to me also.  Seems like at least 2 or 3 times a day.  I play online games mostly with this account and this Quality of Service is absolutely horrible.  I'm hoping this gets fixed, or if not at least let us cancel our service.  I didn't sign up for this.

0 Likes
jim0020

Same thing here.  At first, the service was great, then within last 2-3 months I've been getting 5-10 disconnects per day.  Very annoying, as I work doing software development from home.  Version info looks the same.

Firmware Version:8.8.H.L20.9.49.300.48.5
Model Name:TG790LTE-DTV
Hardware Version:GANT-F

0GA

WAN LTEForced IMS disconnection (0)

Put in a trouble ticked with customer service, who called back several days later with some lame response about the signal in my area is weak, especially when inside my house.  Hello, it's Home Fusion, the cantenna is on top of my roof!  Always gets 4-5 bars.  They apparently don't even know their own system.

0 Likes
garc

Home Fusion signal strength is always 4-5 bars for me. You can get actual dBm somewhere in the advanced menus.

Don't let the Tier I tech support people fool you with their lame responses, someone at Verizon does know what's happening.

I received the following quote from an actual person a few weeks ago:

Verizon Wireless is currently working with the vendor on a software update to resolve the issue. At this moment there is no estimated time for a resolution, but I trust that it will be very soon.

Whether that means they will actually fix it, and when, who knows.

0 Likes
smgates
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely LOATH Home Fusion and it's REALLY bad business for Verizon. We have had issues with our system everyday since our install in August... Wish SO MUCH we had never signed up. Cost $375 to quit.... SO if you are at all considering getting this service BEWARE. It's caused terrible strife in my family as we couldn't figure out why there was so much data usage. In the first 5 hours we racked up 15 GB.... no one was using it. We were out of town with devices off and racked up a couple of GB... how is this possible??? We live on 7 acres with no neighbors in range. We only use it for work and school...we've called and complained, had service tickets, been promised call backs and no one ever would.... service people promised to get to the bottom of it because its not possible to pull so much data with our usage indications. I kept hand written logs.... I could write a book on the dealings that I have had with customer service and even supervisors. One of them actually told me "there was nothing they were going to do to help me resolve my issues." Even though previously they sent a technician out to check our antenna because a "test" they ran indicated that we had a faulty one. They will not replace the antenna because the lights are On and it is apparently "working" as far as they are concerned. Ours is pulling triple the data it should for our usage.... its insane. No one will help. They are LAME and LIARS. Now in the past month we have been getting NO connection on top of it all. I am SO dissatisfied. I want to quit as soon as I can find a suitable option for our location and of course am able to pay their absolutely insane drop fee. So, again beware of Home Fusion.... Don't DO IT!!!!!

0 Likes
smgates
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you don't mind me asking.... what is your data usage for online gaming?

0 Likes
wgregory23

Usually about 160 MB/hour.

BTW...this is still happening.  It goes out anywhere from 5-20 minutes now, 3-5 times a day.  So I'm guessing it's actually more since I'm not on 24/7.  Don't know why they are having such a hard time fixing this.  It's always the antennae that disconnects.

0 Likes
TheThomas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had HomeFusion installed over the weekend and I have the same issue.  They never mentioned that this was as issue while signing up, they were completely silent. 

Seems my firmware on the router is the older "G" version and not the "L" version others have. 

Firmware Version:8.8.H.G20.9.49.300.48.5

When it works, it is great >15Mbs, ~50ms ping.  But it is so flaky it is useless to me until this is fixed. 

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Just be sure to open a ticket let them know. more people calling and opening ticket they may try harder who knows at this point.  If not fixed soon gonna be a lot pissy people soon as more get HF lol.

0 Likes
sbhennessy

Same issue as the rest of you.  First month or so that I got it back with the $100 install deal in November everything was great.  A month later disconnects and it took a while before it reconnected.  Opened a trouble ticket in December that got closed because there was no network issues.

Fast forward to about 1 week ago and a new wrinkle seems to have shown up.  Now when it disconnects (3/4 out of 5 bars) it reconnects to I am assuming a farther away tower that has 0 bars.  It is able to get an IP address but no data will flow.  The worse part... it thinks its connected and thus stays this way till I power off the device.  Call tech support and they tell me they can either replace the inside router for free or I have to pay 150 to "roll a contractor" truck to my house to look at the HBA and maybe replace it.  No option to waive the fee and they wont credit my account for it either.  Pretty much you should have got the insurance line of BS.

I am guessing getting a new HBA is not going to fix the problem so wasting a 150 is not a smart option.  I have no other internet so I am stuck.  Maybe one day cable will be run down my road.  At that point Ill fight hard to get the ETF waived, or call a lawyer I guess?

Homefusion is just not ready for primetime and Verizon doesn't seem to care about it.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

We are the beta guys. Sad but true.

0 Likes