Re: HomeFusion Ghost Data Explosion
gooseking
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, we never stream movies and the service still adds "Ghost" GBs.

I don't stream movies because Verizon will use that as an excuse to explain why my usage is so high.

Last night I forgot to unplug the cantenna. I'm not looking forward to seeing what was accumulated over night.

To all you new users, I read at the bottom of the HomeFusion Page it states:

New customers to the service will receive 50% more data allowance for their first 2 full billing cycles. Requires new 2-year activation. Overage is billed at $10 for each additional 1GB. 50% more data not available on Share Everything plan.

I'm going to inquire about this.

Screen shot 2013-05-30 at 2.57.14 PM.png

0 Likes
anonymouslurker
Contributor - Level 1

gooseking wrote:

I don't stream movies because Verizon will use that as an excuse to explain why my usage is so high.

It's not an "excuse" if it's the truth. If one streams 1 hour of Netflix per day on average one will use up to 70 GB in a month with Netflix alone. That's just factual. We have cable internet through Charter and we usually go through 100-150 GB a month and I wouldn't say were extreme video watchers either.

0 Likes
gooseking
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you are missing the point. I don't stream and like many others I am being charged regardless of what activity or inactivity. For me what appears to be working is unplugging the cantenna and turning off the router.

tony_davis

>Post deleted. Keep your posts polite<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator ><

0 Likes