Re: HomeFusion Blocking Youtube Videos?
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

That article is 4 years old.

It definitely is an IPv6 thing though. And, if the same is true today (main page = IPv4, video servers = IPv6), that would explain why we can get to the site, but can't play any videos.

I've been experimenting (in between snow/ice/wind storms here in mid Michigan) and I've found out that the McDonald's I went to where I could get youtube vids to play only distributes IPv4 addresses to customers. That's why it works. Still doesn't explain why youtube appears to be the ONLY site on the internet that exhibits the problem we're having. Still looks suspicious to me. Maybe targeting a specific range if IP addresses?

I checked out THIS site: http://test-ipv6.com/

It has some nice tests.

Since I've retired from the IT world, I'm afraid I've forgotten some network stuff. And, I never dabbled with IPv6 before. I'm just throwing stuff out there. I'll also add that running a bunch of tests is using up my LIMITED bandwidth, and taking up my valuable time. I DO have a life outside of the Internet, and there are other things I have to make time for.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think this is affecting many people at all your gonna have call vzw.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

HF is working on youtube i watching it now.

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue. Every website seems to load, except youtube.  Does disabling IPv6 seem to be the goto solution?

0 Likes