Home Fusion not working. Hours on the phone and no fix in sight!
eastwoodrmc

Here is the deal. We live in Southern Indiana, a 4GLTE coverage area located about 25 miles north of Louisville Ky.

On 06/11/2012 we had Home Fusion installed. The installer did a really good job, the first thing he did was check for signal and he said it was excellent-100%.

The system worked great and the speeds were amazing, speedtest.net always showed we were faster than cable with the exception of ping being around 80-100. On 07/29/2012 we get up that Sunday morning and no service, after a phone call to them and no one knowing what the problem is we're told they will get back to us but don't know how long could be a week? Well that same afternoon to my surprise we get a call from Verizon and they have it back on; turns out that the "Can you hear me now?" team had made a network change that had left the whole region with no service. Again we are happy with the service although now we are starting to experience frequent drops in connectivity but they don't last very long (5 or 10 minutes at a time).

09/02/2012 Now it is Labor Day weekend, what better time to mess with the system? We awake to no service and have been with out ever since. Its 09/08/2012 and I have spent hours on the phone but still no service. The LTE light in the Router is yellow, sometimes fast flash and sometimes a steady for a second or two. It is very frustrating when I call too: 1) The system doesn't recognize the phone # assigned to the HOMEFUSION 2) The reps don't know what the HOMEFUSION is 3) They often hang up on you if you request tech support.4) You never talk to the same person twice.

Have you experienced an outage with your HOMEFUSION? Please post it and get the word out. I value your feedback and so will others, THANKS

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion not working. Hours on the phone and no fix in sight!
gavin1066

Many other discussion threads are now reporting the regular/daily HomeFusion disconnections.

According to the other threads, Verizon seems aware of the issue and might have it fixed in several weeks time.

0 Likes
judytickel

We live in SE Tennessee and had Home Fusion installed the week after it came out.  What a Mistake!  It worked great flawlessly for about a month.  Then we have had a service ticket in at least once a month since that time . . . and we often didn't even file a service ticket when we had problems.  Last week, after Verizon promised us a new router and a new cannister, a repairman came out and said he was only authorized to put in a new router.  He guaranteed us that if the router did not take care of the problem, that all we had to do was call Verizon and he would be back out the next day.  Well, when it didn't work, we called Verizon who said it would be 7 - 10 days before someone could come out and that the original ticket had been closed.  When we called back, a rep finally told us the truth (after repeated lies by Verizon since June 2012) that the Home Fusion should never have been installed in our area as we are out of the service area.  Not once in ten months had anyone else told us that we were out of the service area.  Then he told us that the good news was that Verizon would not charge us to terminate the service.  WHAT?  After paying Verizon for 10 months and receiving service only about half the time, they are not going to charge us?  What about the installation we paid them when they are admitting they never should have installed it at our home?  What about the hundreds of dollars (we had 30 Gb service) they stole from us knowing that we would not receive service?  Then their representative promised to call back to confirm our decision -- and I'm sure as you have guessed, over a week has passed and we have not received a call-back. 

Never again! 

If you are considering Home Fusion . . . run, don't walk, away as fast as you can.

0 Likes
mymy0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some times when the Home Fusion system losses 4G LTE connectivity, it needs to be reset.

You do this by locating the power supply to the cantenna. Unplug the power supply and leave it unplugged for about two minutes.  When the green light on the power supply goes out, plug the power supply back into the outlet and turn off your router and back on.

In about 3 to 5 minutes the lights on the front of the router should all be green.

If this does not solve your problem or if you have any other questions please post them.

Thanks,

Myron

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Thats not why HF still a work in progress simple as that.

0 Likes
MickHanna66

OK, here goes: we are having the same problems as everyone else on this site. We have had numerous service calls, had the Cantenna replaced, been given all the tips and tricks for switching on and off, rebooting the Cantenna, unplugging the various devices and still it drops out multiple times most days, sometimes for several days at a time. My Cantenna is in direct line of site with a tower and it is brand new, but the service continually drops out. Like everyone else, all we want is for the system to function correctly, which is what we signed up for. It is ridiculous to have to accept that this quite expensive service is intermittent and that Verizon have done NOTHING to inform or assist us as the customers. Where is the letter indicating that they are aware of the problems, are working on solutions and will reimburse us for the lack of coverage and inconvenience. Honestly, Verizon know that they have a "dog with fleas" with this whole program, so please do one of the following options: 1. Fix it. Put some resources into developing and implementing a solution like any other business does or 2. Stop flogging this dead horse and cancel the program, give us all our money back and cut your losses. This never ending sea of technological misery is slowly drowning the customers who embraced this technology. Also - fix the ghost data problem. We have consistently been billed for incredibly high data usage and have regularly proven that we are having data attributed to us even when we have shut down the system overnight. Seriously, you guys are lining yourselves up for a significant class action suit, when what we really want is the service we paid, and are paying, for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MickHanna66. I want to find the light at the end of this crazy service trouble tunnel. I know your time is valuable and appreciate all of your hard work trying to get this service up and running at your home. I am following you. Please respond to my follow request and follow me as well so you can send me a Direct Message with your name, mobile number to your cantenna line, and a contact number. I'd like to make sure that all the steps have been taken, including getting our Network Team involved, to get your cantenna service working successfully.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Home Fusion not working. Hours on the phone and no fix in sight!
MickHanna66

Still same issues with home fusion

0 Likes
MickHanna66

Still having same issues with home fusion.  

Personal information (phone numbers) have been removed to comply with the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Their not gonna fix this been going for so long. your best bet is to leave HF,  its sad but its a very bad product.

0 Likes