Help to set NAT type to open
ryry117
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I followed all directions but the set-up page is a bit different that other routers and I can't find the option to simply, set the NAT to open. I'm using a Verizon 4G LTE jetpack/hotspot any help?

0 Likes
Re: Help to set NAT type to open
streetrush

needing the same thing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Streetrush & Ryry117,

Thank you for bringing your concern to the forum. I would love to provide assistance here. I do have some questions to ensure that I am able to provide the optimal solution. In this scenario, may I ask why are you attempting to open the Network Address Translation (NAT). What specific jetpack are we working with? I look forward to hearing from you.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tmaslanka13

I have the same problem. Was just using Google looking for a solution and found this post so I'd like to throw in my problem here too.

I want to open the nat type for gaming purposes. I cannot connect to friends down the street! It is very random who I can and cannot connect to. I play with people in texas very often but here in Indiana I cannot connect to my friend down the road.

Using a Verizon Jetpack™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot

Opening the NAT would most likely solve all the problems.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

You cannot change the NAT, the hotspot's 4G is a double NAT system anyway and it's not routeable.

You will have to have a static IP assigned.  There are other ways around it but have to keep in mind that not all applications will function with the dynamic IP.

0 Likes