Having problems using more than 1 pc on 4510L. Any suggestions?
jhnpldng

Both our computers are running on XP, had the limited connectivity issue but got around that by using wpa-psk with tkip but when more than one pc is connected, both will work good for a minute or two, then one will not be able to surf. (whichever one connected second)  "page cannot be displayed" etc. Both will still have excellent wifi signal since everything's in the same room. Thought they might be fighting for the same IP address so I assigned one with 192.168.1.3 and one with 192.168.1.6 but that didn't help. Any suggestions aside from buying new laptops with win7?

0 Likes
Re: Having problems using more than 1 pc on 4510L. Any suggestions?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

WinXP is a supported OS for the MiFi 4510L.  Win7 will be no more stable than WinXP so dont worry about upgrading.  This sounds like a local disconnection problem and should be correctable with the correct configuration.

It sounds like you already lowered the Security Mode from WPA2 down to WPA.  While that may have allowed you to connect I would think WPA2 Personal will still be the better choice for you down the road.  Come back to this one later.

Chances are that the wireless cards on your computers are not fully compatible with the default wireless signal of the MiFi.  Lets start by lowering the 802.11 Wireless Mode down from B/G/N down to B/G.  Possibly even the B only option.

Change the 802.11/Wireless Mode

1. Sign into your MiFi
  2. Click the Wi-Fi tab
  3. Change the 802.11 mode from B+G+N to B+G
  4. Click Apply
  5. Test your connection
0 Likes
pzedoffatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

i can assure you your hardware is fine, everyone who uses mifi has the same issue....

step 1 . cancel your verizon service and find a better provider.

step 2. file all of the future bills from verizon in the proper waste receptacle where they belong..

step 3. enjoy a life with less frustration and more money!

evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

Try lowering your security to WEP!

windows xp computers do not like WPA and will not play nice.

0 Likes