Have Storm w/ unlimited data plan - use same plan for Mini 1151NR?
TaylerCFI

I already have a Blackberry Storm and an unlimited data plan. I tether it to my Dell Inspiron all the time when I travel to surf, and do office work using GoToMyPC. I'm thinking about getting a Mini 1151NR to take on short trips, when I don't need the "full power" of the Dell Inspiron. I seems logical that I should be able to use the same number/data plan for both. But then again, Verizon isn't known for being logical, especially when it comes to charging more fees. So what's the story on this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Have Storm w/ unlimited data plan - use same plan for Mini 1151NR?
risu
Contributor - Level 3
With the mini, you have two broadband options:  250mb or 5gb.  However, its not the same as tethering your blackberry to your PC since the mini basically has a broadband modem built into the device.  With your blackberry, you're paying for an unlimited data plan for the blackberry itself and then an additional charge for tethering (depending on your bb data plan) and the tethering is actually limited to 5gb, I believe.
Message Edited by risu on 06-08-2009 06:29 AM
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
You will need a separate pricing plan for the Mini.  It has an embedded card that will require it's own mobile telephone number and plan.  If you are looking for a solution that will provide you with more options, look into the MiFi.  This will allow you to use your current computer that already has more advance features then the Mini and will not tie up the use of your BlackBerry while surfing the internet.  Just a suggestion.
0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Verizon Wireless does not offer an Unlimited Mobile BroadBand Data plan.  You are on either the 5GB or 250MB plan.  It is tantamount that you figure out which so that you do not go over as it can cost you $$.
0 Likes
MrSpock2002

Cheapest way is to tether your Mini to your BlackBerry and not use the embedded WWAN in the Netbook.  It's fare cheaper.

I know for a fact you can do it, as the Netbook is a normal computer.  

I tether my HP Mini 1153NR which actually is HP's global netbook and is fare superior than Verizon's when it comes to the gobichip being capable to connect to any network world wide, where as the 1151 that Verizon sells is locked to their network.

0 Likes