Gzzz. if i would have know this jetpack uses so much data,, even if i am not on anything and shut it off when i don't use it, i wouldn't have bought this,, already used 1.5gb of data and only on twice for less than 2 hours this month,, whats up with that,
verizonfaithfullcusto

jet pack sucks.... used already 1.5 gb data and only used less than 2 hrs time,, and don't download anything.  even buying tn gb, sounds like thats a rip off, i been with verizon many years and wish i would have checked this before i purchased this jetpack.  sounds suspicious to me, guess verizon wnats to loose all its  jet pack users,, no help, no stopping the usge, may be worth paying to stop the contract at this point, this is rediculous..  anybody gotten any help withis resolving this issue,,

0 Likes
Re: Gzzz. if i would have know this jetpack uses so much data,, even if i am not on anything and shut it off when i don't use it, i wouldn't have bought this,, already used 1.5gb of data and only on twice for less than 2 hours this month,, whats up with t
pamelaf_vzw
Verizon Employee

Clearly our assistance is needed here verizonfaithfulcustomer! Allow us to assist in your data usage concerns. Let's start with what make and model jetpack do you have? Also, what zip code are you in? What wifi compatible device(s) are you using with the jetpack? For example, if you are using a desktop or laptop then please verify that your programs and OS isn't set to auto update. As you share the details then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Gzzz. if i would have know this jetpack uses so much data,, even if i am not on anything and shut it off when i don't use it, i wouldn't have bought this,, already used 1.5gb of data and only on twice for less than 2 hours this month,, whats up with t
verizonfaithfullcusto

its a jet pack, purchased few months ago, 4GLTE. using on desktop also new before jet pack. no auto updates. zip code 77320

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

verizonfaithfullcustomer

Thanks for those details! Is your jetpack plugged in to your desktop computer, or are you connected wireless? Has the usage slowed down at all? Do any other devices have access to connect to your jetpack?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jagster66

So  did they fix your problem? I am having the same issues and for the past two months I have used my internet very little, have quit watching ANY of my sermons and videos and my usage still keeps being eat up. I even went a full billing cycle with having the jetpack turned on for maybe one hour a day, very limited and I still got my usual monthly warning about Jan 13th that I had used 75% of my 15 GB. I should NOT have to be so sparing with my 15 GB... Now I see that the jet pack IS the reason and no one from Verizon has told me this.. They just keep trying to sell me more GB??? I am done... I was online today looking for solutions, INCLUDING leaving Verizon.... Just made my decision...After about 20 years of Verizon... what a shame...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jagster66

We certainly don't want to see you go! Let's work on solving the mystery of your data usage so you can stay in the VZW family for years to come. When did your data usage start increasing unexpectedly? What type of device are you using to connect to your jetpack? Which make/model jetpack are you using?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Am still baffled why anyone would think 15 GBS a month is enough to run a computer.

it will certainly not run multiple devices.  Watching one hour of video will add up to 1-3 GBS of data alone.

try a data meter.  Keep Tabs On How Much Data Your PC Downloads and Uploads

How much data do you use on your computer a month?

Our 3 person household with Cable internet guzzles close to 300 GBS a month at home and have a 30 GB cellular data pool. (Which we don't make much of a dent in)

JOHMOO72

I used to use separate lines for two iPads and two iPhones, never used more than 4 or 5 gigs per month even with heavy usage. with the jetpack we are using 15 to 20 gigs per month plus what we use on our T-Mobile iPhones, I don't understand why.

How can I determine if there is a problem with the jetpack?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Simple.  The jet pack uses zero data.  Really, zero.  Only way data is used is if devices connect to it, THEY use data.  And because the see a Wifi connection, they do the data wasteful things all devices do on Wifi, that they don’t do using mobile data.  They update apps, do security updates, etc. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHNMOO72, we know how important it is to manage your data and we certainly want to do everything we can to help provide further clarification. We understand that your concerned by the amount of usage on the Jetpack. May we ask when you started to experience this kind of usage? Can you tell us how you typically use the Jetpack? We’d also like to mention that we have several tools available to help monitor your usage. Check out https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tools-for-monitoring-usage/ for more information.   

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes