Free Network Extenders?
ElevenX

The service at my house is terrible - inside and outside.  I have reported it several times and the answer I get is that I should have good service.  Yet I constantly dropped calls, "no service", text messages that are not sent or received, and the data plan they forced down my throat with the Droid is completely useless.

Sprint is giving away their version of the network extender (called a femtocell) for free to people who have poor service (http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2010/09/15/sprint-giving-femtocells-to-some-customers-will-...).

I'm not paying $250 AND paying to upgrade my home internet connection because Verizon refuses to acknowledge the problem.  Does anyone know if Verizon follow suit or will I have to change to a provider who cares about my business?

0 Likes
Re: Free Network Extenders?
BruceLang

I'm a rural mifi 2200 verizon user with "better than dial-up speed" and would love to get a free device to better my signal.  However, (sorry to say) I would not hold my breath waiting for anything free from verizon. :smileysad:

So, If I'm so unhappy why didn't I return the device within 30 days?  As stated, this is MUCH better than dial-up, but it's certainly not what I would call high-speed.

I wish you well.

0 Likes
Re: Free Network Extenders?
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

If all else fails, you can call VZW and explain your situation.  If they seem uncooperative, demand a field tech or to have your early deact. fee waived. 

Drive to known towers in your area and see if your signal improves.  There is a field test you can run giving you detailed information on your network status.  I will post the link below.

http://www.wpsantennas.com/pdf/testmode/FieldTestModes.pdf

Also, do a hard reset/soft reset on your phone.  Power down>remove battery for five minutes, then replace and power up.  Sometimes this will set the phone back so it will function properly.

If these don't help, you either have a phone with a crappy antenna (which would need replacing) or the tower is having issues if the structure or lay or the land isn't the problem.

0 Likes