For the love of all that's holy, please help
RDB

Device: UML290.

Error code WMC604 "Device could not establish connection".

Uninstalled all VZ access manager software, drivers, etc. from previous UML175 (which worked like a charm, BTW). Rebooted. Installed latest version of VZAM, driver, etc. for UML290. I've done that a few times and still get the same stupid error message.

Disabled firewall. Nothing changed.

Changed USB ports, with and without jumper supplied. Nothing changed.

When I open the access manager, I get a "Network Cable Unplugged" Windows message as it loads, which I thought was weird.

I'm a total technical **bleep** when it comes to this stuff, so explaining how to approach the issue with registry edits or the like will not be a help...to me, but if that's what it takes, I'll try anything. I just need to know what to do to get this thing to work like my old one did, while I continue to pay my bill on time and receive nothing in return.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: For the love of all that's holy, please help
bbjim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to EVDO Forums , A lot of help with this !!!!! Seems to be a common problem with the 290. Also the 3G Store has a lot of helpful ideas in there Forum .

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

RDB wrote:

Device: UML290.

Error code WMC604 "Device could not establish connection".

Uninstalled all VZ access manager software, drivers, etc. from previous UML175 (which worked like a charm, BTW). Rebooted. Installed latest version of VZAM, driver, etc. for UML290. I've done that a few times and still get the same stupid error message.

Disabled firewall. Nothing changed.

Changed USB ports, with and without jumper supplied. Nothing changed.

When I open the access manager, I get a "Network Cable Unplugged" Windows message as it loads, which I thought was weird.

I'm a total technical **bleep** when it comes to this stuff, so explaining how to approach the issue with registry edits or the like will not be a help...to me, but if that's what it takes, I'll try anything. I just need to know what to do to get this thing to work like my old one did, while I continue to pay my bill on time and receive nothing in return.

Thanks.

Please note that error WMC604 is not caused by VZAccess Manager. VZAccess Manager is just displaying the error returned by the Device, Personal Hardware Settings and/or Network. To assist you troubleshoot this issue please contact our Technical Support Team at 1-800-922-0204 option 3. Please have your wireless device and computer available when you call us.

0 Likes
lek

Is there any update on this issue? 

I do not see any device driver conflicts. I have uploaded the latest VZM as well as the pantech firmware update and still get the wmc604 error.

Thanks, Larry

0 Likes
partyrocktech

WMC604 error usual signifies that there was an authentication error when connecting to Verizon's network. What has been working for me is: 

- Unplug the card

- Pull out sim card

- Put sim card back in

- Plug card in again

These steps help out after the system has been rebooted after installing VZAccess Manager. If the system was already rebooted after install. Go ahead and try to connect.

0 Likes