FASTER VZN 3G VIA MODEM...
z4alltel

please note:  understand that the following is my experience, and i cannot guarantee my actions for others... try at your own risk!  and, btw, i am running windows xp on a pc with 1gb ram...

:smileysurprised:

i tried a few things in the last couple of days that really made a difference in my bandwidth speed and browser speed... both... having exhausted whining about verizon since (my alltel usb huawei ec168 modem) alltel was totally swallowed up in my area... i wondered if i could try a couple of things... chasing suspicions that i have had... ONE, i had been running a free edition antivirus (and a malware software)... i was using a----... so i uninstalled a---- completely... then i installed a-- free edition... WHOA!  my bandwidth speed about doubled, using the same speedtest that i have used for ev er... that's a good thing!  obviously, in my case, a---- must use way more pc resources than a--... speed is what i like!  also, the speed increase shows up on all my fav web sites, and also in my ping tests!  you might think that i was finished and satisfied... well... not exactly!

:smileyhappy:

TWO... being very retired from a long career in computers and electronics... i started looking around for any other things i could try to get even more speed increase... WOW! i actually found something that gave me another speed boost... a free edition software that "gamers" use very often to get the most out of their online play... not being into games... i tried it anywayz... the software is a sort of "game booster", which shuts down a number of microsoft services temporarily, which again, increases speeds... since the pc resources are not held down doing things that are unnecessary... AGAIN... i saw a speed increase... the software i use is a simple install, then uses an easy "ON" and "OFF" switch to first shut down services, then restore them to NORMAL... in my case, i just leave the "game booster" ON!  i haven't seen any problems at all doing things this way...  

i am now a happy 3g camper, i have run the above changes for a couple of days with no problems... a lot of things can effect speeds and stability... looking into your task manager and seeing what the resources are telling you about your pc... good practice, imo!

0 Likes
Re: FASTER VZN 3G VIA MODEM...
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks so much for your post! I'm sure other users will benefit from your valuable information.

0 Likes