Excessive Speed Drop
arleslie

When I first got the Mobile broadband I got speed about 75kbps-210kbps and then I noticed that it was due to where I had placed the card and when I moved the card away from all my electronics and closer to a window I got a 1.5mbps connection, I was extreamly happy, and now all of a sudden, I'm now below a 100kbps, never moved the card. I just now moved the card to my laptop to see if the problem was with the computer and no, I'm still sitting well under 100kbps, I thought maybe the card got hocked from its place as I forgot where I sat it, to I put it right next to the window, not to notice any speed change at all. What is going on? Why would a 1.5mbps drop straight to below 100kbps?

0 Likes
Re: Excessive Speed Drop
somdcomputerguy

Are you a former Alltel customer? I believe that although you still have an 'unlimited bandwidth usage' plan, if you go over 5GB, Verizon throttles your bandwidth instead of charging you for 'overuse'.

0 Likes
Re: Excessive Speed Drop
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

He said the speed changed, not that he went over his usage. I experience the same thing. I have an embedded Gobi card in my Panasonic Toughbook CF-30. With this type of card you can pick a carrier of your desire. I picked Verizon since I have one in another computer. When I 1st started using it the speed was fast and consistant. I have never gone over on any of my data plans in 2 years.I can get my RSSI down in the sixties, which is a very strong signal strength, and it will sometimes still be at a snails pace. It seems there service is about as consistant as a politician.

The next time you notice it has slowed down, call the Tech Support and they will check some settings on your computer and on there end as well. It has helped me in the past. I can honestly say there tech people are great and very helpful.

0 Likes