Errorr Messages #777 and #678 VZAccess Manager on HP Mini
Skydiver1951

I have had this service for about 18 months and never experienced a problem or lack of connectivity.  The following started occuring approx 1 month ago.  This is happening at my residence only which is in a rural area.  If I take the device into my office about 10 miles away, it works fine.

I have random days of sucessful connection to Mobile Broadband on my HP Mini netbook.  I have good signal but receive either Error 678- Connection failed-the remote computer failed to respond or

Error 777- The connection attempt failed because the modem(or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.

I cant seem to find these particular error messages anywhere in the forums and tech support had me go thru activation several times approx 2 weeks ago with mixed results.

HELP.  This is my only source of internet connectivity where I live, other than dial up.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error Messages #777 and #678 VZAccess Manager on HP Mini
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

We truly apologize for the internet connections you are experiencing. Below I have provided instructions to correct the error codes that are displaying when attempting to connect to Vzw Access Manager with your HP Mini.

1) Ensure the wireless device is disconnected from the computer.

2) From the Windows desktop, navigate: Start > (Settings) > Control Panel > (Programs and Features) Uninstall a Program .

Note In Windows XP navigate: Start > (Settings) > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs.            

3) Select VZAccess Manager then click (Change / Remove) Uninstall / Change.

4) Ensure Automatic is selected then click Next.

5) Click Finish.

6) Repeat step 3 to uninstall the device drivers.Note Device drivers may vary depending upon the device installed, (e.g. SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER, Mobile Broadband Generic Drivers, Pantech PC USB Modem Software, etc.).      

7)  Restart the computer. 

😎 Reinstall VZAccess Manager via the appropriate method. 

Note Ensure the latest supported version for the device and operating system is being installed.

If you continue to have issues with connecting to Vzw Access Manager please send me a private message with your mobile number so that we can assist you further. You may also send a contact number and the best time to call you.

Thank you, KinquanaH_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Error Messages #777 and #678 VZAccess Manager on HP Mini
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

We truly apologize for the internet connections you are experiencing. Below I have provided instructions to correct the error codes that are displaying when attempting to connect to Vzw Access Manager with your HP Mini.

1) Ensure the wireless device is disconnected from the computer.

2) From the Windows desktop, navigate: Start > (Settings) > Control Panel > (Programs and Features) Uninstall a Program .

Note In Windows XP navigate: Start > (Settings) > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs.            

3) Select VZAccess Manager then click (Change / Remove) Uninstall / Change.

4) Ensure Automatic is selected then click Next.

5) Click Finish.

6) Repeat step 3 to uninstall the device drivers.Note Device drivers may vary depending upon the device installed, (e.g. SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER, Mobile Broadband Generic Drivers, Pantech PC USB Modem Software, etc.).      

7)  Restart the computer. 

😎 Reinstall VZAccess Manager via the appropriate method. 

Note Ensure the latest supported version for the device and operating system is being installed.

If you continue to have issues with connecting to Vzw Access Manager please send me a private message with your mobile number so that we can assist you further. You may also send a contact number and the best time to call you.

Thank you, KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Errorr Messages #777 and #678 VZAccess Manager on HP Mini
rvaldiv

Have you tried the solution to your VZAccess Manager error #678 yet?  I have the same problem but think it's excessive to uninstall VZAccess manager.  There should be a better definition of the problem.  Please let me know how it went.

0 Likes