Does anyone else receive corrupted files with Home Fusion
wrathstorm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any time I try and download larger files with HF.  They are found corrupted by the software when I try and use them.  I have had issues with a WoT update and a Microsoft Office update today.  Both are large and when I try and apply them they are reported as corrupt.

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone else receive corrupted files with Home Fusion
papac0rn

I get corrupt files pretty frequently. I have opened a few cases on it but its never been resolved. It seems they fiddle with things and then it works while I'm testing with them. At one point when I was a new subscriber they sent a tech to my house. He played with it and had them reinitialize my registration to the network and it started downloading again. A few other times I've called in and they reinitialize e the cantenna. I have noticed the larger the file the most likely it will be corrupt. Small files of maybe 20 to 40 Meg's usually are good. Larger files into the gigs will almost always show up as corrupt. I have a second Internet connection to a WISP that is only 1.5 Meg's but if I use it for that download I never get a corrupt file. So I know it's Home Fusion. I've given up working big red on it. They don't seem to be able to resolve it.  All they want to do is swap parts but I suspect it's a firmware or a LTE network issue within their cloud. I have seen a few reports of VZ customers using hotspots report the same issues.  I hope they figure it out it really burns me when I download a 2 gig file and its garbage and I'm charged for it.

0 Likes