Re: Disappointed with home fusion
Cynfullygood
Enthusiast - Level 1

If ANYONE is considering home infusion, I highly recommend that you don't.  As soon as my new billing cycle started after having home infusion installed, my data has gone through the roof.

It started on the 3rd day of the new cycle when I got a text saying that I had used 50% of my data for the month - 20 minutes later it was that I used 75% and 20 minutes later it was that I used 90%.  I wasn't even home, nor was anyone else at home using it, because it is just me.  Well, my cats, but really?

Version has insisted that it is my activity on the computer... but I haven't done anything different than I have over the past two years or more.  They then claim it is the difference of the speed and signal of the infusion that accounts for the difference in data usage that I had on my wifi jetpack.  It is everyone or everythings fault except with a problem with the home infusion.

Please explain how I went from an average of 9 gb/month to 25+ gb in 10 days.  Of course, I called 9 days ago to try to get to the bottom of this issue that they claimed they would look into.  I called 3 days later and they still claimed they would look into.  Never a call back and in the meantime my usage just kept escallating, despite the fact that I was curtailing my usage and shutting down religeously.  Called today and all I got was the run around.

Want out...that will be $340 to end the 23 months left on my contract.  Of course at the rate they are hitting me with data usage, that might be the cheaper way to go.  I'm already at $115 that they will demand from me and that is only if I get my plan changed to cover the amount of gb I've already gone over.

Not that it is any more comforting, but seeing that others are having the same issue tells me that I'm not wrong.... there is something majorly wrong with how home infusion's data usage.

I wish there was a solution here, but I'm sure everyone is in the same boat.  Hopefully, if there are enough complaints, Verison will do something before more people get taken.

MADempsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had HomeFusion for about 3 months.  I have not seen the sucking data while nothing is running problem at all.  When I am not at home I may go a week with only a few megabytes of data increase. 

I have a few devices that connect to the outside word all of the time.  DirectTv, Western Digital TV Live Hub, my Honeywell Thermostat, etc.  When I am in the Home Office I use about 1GB per day. 

0 Likes
Sandrella

We got HomeFusion connected 26 hours ago. I just looked at our data usage and we have already used 1,576 GB our of 10,000!!! NOW I am reading these posts.  We are so disappointed.  The MiFi is so slow and the HomeFusion is so fast, but, obviously we can't keep it if sucks so much data.  We will be carefully eyeing the 14 day return.  We did not turn it off last night and will do so tonight but, still, at that rate we just can't afford this product.

0 Likes
johnnusko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Either your computers had a number of software updates to download or you have a virus. I work from home and I am on WebEx doing screen shares with voice for up to 6 hours a day and I do not use that much data in a day. Also note I have a minimum of 7 devices always connected.

0 Likes
rachelwhohateshomefus

Home Fusion is TERRIBLE.  The online price is quoted as $60.00 but VZ forced us into a share plan that put the bill at $80.00.  We only have 1 device w/ VZ why in the world do we need a share plan!!!!  Called VZ on it when they first did this and was told there was no other way.  After calling VZ almost every month about issue after issue we finally got a rep that informed us that we DID NOT need to be on a share plan.  Thanks VZ for overcharging us $20.00 for the last 7 months even after it was brought to your attention.  Do you think they offered to reverse the charges that were incorrectly billed.....NO.

If you are thinking about signing up for HOME FUSION - DO NOT DO IT.  Run from it as fast as you can. 

0 Likes
HorseFlicks
Enthusiast - Level 2

When we decided to switch to Home Fusion, after 7 years with another wireless broadband provider, the salesperson asked how we would use it.  We told him 99% of the time for e-mail, 1% for web research. NO movies, NO streaming TV shows, NO kid video games. "Well, 10 GB should be plenty for you!"  We burned through 10 GB in 9 days, Verizon's answer to that was to double my rate plan and stick it to me.  Now going through 20 GB in about 18 days so paying ridiculous overcharges.  Gawd forbid what the cost would be if I was watching movies, TV shows and playing games. TOTALLY MISREPRESENTED.  I now have to go into defensive mode, if I leave the computer for 10 minutes I shut their system down, won't leave my computer on overnight, and can't enjoy anything about this. I won't even watch a 90 second news story on video because I figure they will charge me $10 for a 90 second news video.  BUT HERE'S THE REAL KICKER...  Had a 6 week long project 2,000 miles away and took my computer with me.  NOTHING connected to their system, and when I got back there were 186 data session charges during that 6 week absence.  They can't explain it to me.  Our nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away and we are 800 feet off the road so no one knows we are here, even though they try to blame it on someone pirating our service.  So they were going to schedule a service call, after the service was down for a week, and they set it up for our previous residence which was 1200 miles away, after we told them repeatedly to make sure they sent the tech to our new address.  Verizon's support is pathetic, they totally ignore the comments about excessive data usage ON THEIR OWN WEBPAGE, and could not care less about your service being down.  We never went over our data allotment for 7 years with our previous provider, and if you did it was $1 per GB.  When the world is charging $3.50 per gallon for gas, Verizon's gas station is charging $25.00 a gallon.  This is ridiculous.  When there are literally thousands of complaints about excessive data usage and charges, they refuse to acknowledge any of it.  This company does not deserve to be in business.

johnnusko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you check which devices have connected to your HF router? On the HF router, did you check how much traffic was downloaded vs. uploaded? Did you check the account usage as reported on the Verizon website? I would compare the usage as reported by the router against Verizon's. I personally don't believe in ghost data. If data is being used, it is by a device that you are not aware of (set-top box, gaming console, etc.) or a neighbor's device. Or, you have a virus on one of your devices that making use of the connection. I may not believe in ghost data from the device, but I would not rule out an accounting error on the Verizon side. I am not sure if Verizon is tracking the bytes on their side or HF uploads usage data periodically. Double counting could be an issue. If the Verizon side does the counting, then it is possible that different hardware/software is used in different locations and some of them are buggy.

Lastly, when you turn off your computer, do you see any activity (blinking lights) on the HF router?

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

(blinking lights) on HF always blinks on or off but i don't have the ghost data.

0 Likes
dcu9tid
Enthusiast - Level 1

exactly the same prob here...we had to turn router and cantenna off to stop the bleeding when no device was "hooked up". we were always unplugging cantenna daily to reset connection , as many as 6 times a day. finally it stopped connecting. Techs emphatically told me i should never have to unplug cantenna more than once a week. but i re-set cantenna and router, etc.... It will be a week this coming thursday since they took my call. They promised me 24 hr call back...gave them TWO numbers to call me at. The only call i got was a manager follow up experience call...and on my alternate non verizon device. when i answered no one was there...no vm left for me to reply to. I am connecting thru a non verizon connection as i write this...

Punkinv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wish I would have seen the posts about the phantom data usage before signing a 2 year contract for this service!  Just saw that we were charged over 1 gig of data while we were asleep!  Got by with 5 gigs a month on a mifi, and are going over 10 gigs on this ripoff with no changes in our habits.  We will run away from Vzw forever once this contract is up.  If a class-action suit is launched, let us know!  Seems a bit nefarious when they meter the data and their equipment uses more!  Is there a lawyer or congress person in the house?  Consumer beware!

0 Likes