Connection Failed Unknown error code 2163 - Netbook
SickPunk

Hi. I have the Gateway LT20 netbook with mobile broadband card built in. It worked great until I foolishly installed the Sprint software to connect my work's Blackberry. It actually still worked with the Sprint software until Sprint suggested I update their software. I uninstalled the Sprint software and I think I got everything out of the registry. Maybe not...

I called Verizon support when I started off with the 691 error code. They had me uninstall the VZ Access Manager and reinstall it and activate it. That didn't help. They also had me delete 2 network connections and now I'm not sure what they were.

I can connect when I set the VZAccess Manager  to NDIS Mode - auto-connect but I have to try 3 times before it will connect. I get the message: Connection Failed Unknown Error (code 2163). Once I do connect, it will disconnect and reconnect every few minutes. If the VZAceess Manager is set to Modem Mode - Manually Connect, I get the 691 error code. The Wi-fi seems to work fine though.

Any help would be appreciated. These are my network settings. I think there used to be 1 more in there:

Verizon Wireless - VZAcess
Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9212

Local Area Connection 3
Connected

Qualcomm HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9212

Wireless Network Connection
Not Connected
Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Network Adapter

Local Area Connection
Network Cable Unplugged
Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

0 Likes
Re: Connection Failed Unknown error code 2163 - Netbook
larrytheG

Sprint? Verizon?   huh?  which ?

0 Likes
SickPunk

Sorry. I get the error message when trying to log on with the Verizon VZAcess Manager. Sprint is removed. I'm guessing there is something in the registry causing the error message.

0 Likes
aventhika

Hi,for this UNLOCKING use only an unlock code ,it is best and safety for mobile, for unlock code use this http://www.wickedunlock.com/  site ,here your expected mobile and service provider unlocking is possible.visit here for more details.All the best.

0 Likes