Can't send texts using network extender
mags22

Starting a few days ago, both my Iphone X and S8 will not send text messages using the network extender.  We have xfinity internet and it worked fine until last week.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send texts using network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mags22,

A Network Extender should enhance your service, not hinder it. I know that messages are important, and I'm sorry to learn of the issue you're having. I'm determined to assist you with a resolution. First, let's gather some information, so we can find a resolution. How are your voice and data services working? What happens when either device attempts to send a message (error message, etc.)? Are these devices able to receive messages? Please share some details for me, thanks so much.  

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mags22

The voice service works intermittently.  Today I tried to receive and send calls and they were immediately disconnected.  When both phones text, we receive the red exclamation point error.  The iPhone only receives messages from other Iphones.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

It sounds like either your Network Extender is not working or your phones are not connected to it.

Try resetting the defaults on your Network Extender and see if it can clear up any temporary problems.  You should see some kind of indicator on your phone to show that you are connected to the NE.  That or your signal strength should be significantly improved when you are connected versus when you are not.  Otherwise your phones will be battling with the towers in the area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information, mags22. Those details will help us work toward a solution. I would like to take a detailed look at your account. Please check your private messages so we can proceed.

TracyB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes