Can't Terminate Mobile Broadband Manager for Pantech UML295
wt46

I just received my Pantech UML295 and installed it along with the advanced Mobile Broadband Manager. It seems to work great except for one issue.

I can't seem to find away to terminate it! clicking on the "X" in the corner only hides it and the icon in the notification area only allows you to show or hide the manager!

I want to be able to completely terminate the mobile broadband manager and go back to my WiFi. Can anyone help me???

Al

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't Terminate Mobile Broadband Manager for Pantech UML295
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wt46 - You certainly should expect a seemless transition to the new software! At the top of the Mobile Broadband Manager application you should have an option to Disconnect and then use your computers Network Manager to connect to your WiFi. It does not appear the application displays all available WAN and WiFi networks as VZAccess Manager once did.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Find the Service in Services.msc or Task Manager and terminate the application/service from there.

There should be a way for your to relaunch the software if it is needed again.  If not then a reboot would bring it back too.

If the manager application is configured to auto start with your machine and you do not want that then take a look at MSConfig > Startup.  Find the service in this list and disable/uncheck it.  The next time you reboot the manager will not be running.

0 Likes
wt46

I should have been more specific.

I'd like the new Mobile Broadband manager to work like the old VZ Access Manager. In other words, I start it when I want it and it completely terminates when I don't need it any longer.

Messing around with terminating services is not very user friendly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wt46 - You certainly should expect a seemless transition to the new software! At the top of the Mobile Broadband Manager application you should have an option to Disconnect and then use your computers Network Manager to connect to your WiFi. It does not appear the application displays all available WAN and WiFi networks as VZAccess Manager once did.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes