Blue Ray player compatible with 4G Jet Pack
crankydave

Can anyone suggest a blue ray player that is compatible with the 4G Jet Pack? My one year old Sony will not work and Sony Support won't give me any help. All they say is their products have not been tested to determine compatibility

0 Likes
Re: Blue Ray player compatible with 4G Jet Pack
Not applicable

Why does a blu-ray player need an internet connection?

0 Likes
crankydave

In order to stream videos from Amazon Instant Videos, Netflix or even music

0 Likes
Not applicable

crankydave wrote:

In order to stream videos from Amazon Instant Videos, Netflix or even music

You are NOT going to want to do that. First of all if you'e on 3G the video streaming quality will stink. If you're on 4G those video streaming services can use up to 2 GB per HOUR. So one movie can be 3.5 GB - 4 GB or more. Even on 3G they can use 650 MB per hour. Even with the music streaming, 1 hour a day of that every day can use up 1.5 GB - 2 GB per month. Mobile internet is not made for streaming services with the current caps and pricing.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That would be a VERY expensive way to watch a movie.

0 Likes
crankydave

Thank you. I understand the usage and I am not concerned. Can someone answer my original question. I need a Blue Ray player that connect to the internet via the 4G Verizon Jet Pack.

0 Likes
Not applicable

crankydave wrote:

Thank you. I understand the usage and I am not concerned. Can someone answer my original question. I need a Blue Ray player that connect to the internet via the 4G Verizon Jet Pack.

You're not concerned abut a $1000 bill? Just 1 hour a day of Netflix can be 60 GB a month.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

crankydave wrote:

I would assume ANY wifi capable player would work.

0 Likes
crankydave

Not true. My one year old Sony does not and Sony is no help. All they will tell me is they have not tested their players with a

Verizon Jet Pack to determine compatibility. Even though the diagnostics on the player indicated everything is working fine and it is connected to the internet. I even changed the DNS server to Goggle with no luck.

0 Likes
crankydave

Maybe you have the time to watch Netflix for an hour everyday, but I assure you I don't. I have to work and a life to live. Thank you for being so helpful.

0 Likes