Antenna's for valleys in rural area's south east corner of Idaho franklin county
Time41
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have been trying to find similar questions to the ones i have but have been failing. I have friends that are building home in idaho. Well north east of preston along route 36 just before mink creek. It is in a valley. What outside antenna can be used to increase signal strength? What can be done? Currently that particular area has little options for communications.  Land lines ridiculously priced for phones.  Not to mention trying to use satellite in that area.  Must say monopolies suck. Is there a reliable DIY set of plans that can be used for areas such as these? 200 dollars is out of question.  I have seen a person who mentioned the need for 3g and lte frequencies.  I would like to know how to set an antenna up for friends so that they may use phone service at a cheaper price.  70 dollars for a land line is insane. my signal is week to nothing in that area maybe get 1 bar if there is no wind.

0 Likes
Re: Antenna's for valleys in rural area's south east corner of Idaho franklin county
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they looking for a wireless internet solution or something to amplify the existing signal in that area for their phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Antenna's for valleys in rural area's south east corner of Idaho franklin county
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Time41,

We always want you to have enough signal and service to be able to enjoy your services. We do offer network extenders to help boost and pick up service around you inside your location if needed. Check this out -> http://spr.ly/6584BNf1C*

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If there is some signal on the outside, a signal booster/repeater with external antenna is the way to go. A good place to start is Wilson Amplifiers

Verizon Wireless Cell Phone Signal Boosters | WilsonAmplifiers

Time41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry it has taken so long to reply for whatever reason I was expecting to see a pop up if people replied to my question.  They live in a valley north east of Preston Idaho. They have no additional antennas. They would like a better cell signal. They use flip phones and signal is extremely weak to no signal at all depending on time of day and weather.  They receive texts about a day after text is sent.

0 Likes
Time41
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a signal that I can get on my samsung s4 but 1 bar only. Most times no signal at all. It also depends on weather. Will this amplifier  device still work?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be possible. You should check out the link provided by Weth and see what is needed to improve the quality of the signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Time41, it's so awesome of you to try helping your friends. We know how difficult it can be to connect to the network from certain areas. Especially when mountains or valleys are involved. In order to use a network extender your friends would have to have a high speed internet router installed. Upgrading to smartphones may also help them, as WiFi calling has been proven increase call quality.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes