AT Commands for Verizon Wireless USB760?
donalbane

This cellular modem seems to respond to some AT commands (like AT+CSQ and AT+IPR?), but not other (like AT+CREG?).  Novatel Wireless technical support and Verizon Wireless technical support have not responded to my queries regarding what AT commands ARE supported by the modem.  I tried AT+CLAC, which is supposed to cause the modem to list all supported AT commands, but, surprise, that command is not supported either.  Can anyone point me toward a list of the AT commands that this modem supports?

Thanks,

Don

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: AT Commands for Verizon Wireless USB760?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Don,

I have never heard about what AT commands are.  Could you provide us with some links to help educate us?  Perhaps if we could better see what you are talking about we could provide some suggestions.

0 Likes
donalbane

AT commands is a short-hand way of referring to the Hayes command set:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set

At the bottom of the Wikipedia article, there are external links to pdf documents that list the various standard AT commands.  For instance, for GSM modems: http://www.activexperts.com/mobile-messaging-component/at/etsi/

Basically, these are commands that can be sent to the modem over a serial port to query the modem status, configure the modem, initiate and terminate a call, etc.

Don

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Those AT commands sound neat.  I had no idea they existed until you mentioned them so kudos for teaching me something new : )

In regards to your question, I don't see how anyone could truly know the answer unless it was Novatel.  I suppose the Verizon Engineers responsible for VZAccess Manager may have the knowledge but good luck ever getting a request to them unless you jump through all of the hoops.

The User Guide is of no help either.  Some random Google searches make me think that this particular modem is similar to the MC760.  You might want to see if you can find the commands for that modem or similar VZW+Novatel modems and test them against yours.

Your best tool in this situation would have to be trial and error.  There is a long list of commands on that wikipedia page, so that would be a good start.  When you exhaust those then dig into the articles below in case you have not already tried that.  Unfortunately I do not have access to this particular modem nor do I have the knowledge about how to execute these AT commands otherwise I would offer to help.

Please let us know if you discover anything. 

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

I know this is an old post but for future researchers, these are the commands to reset the USB devices used with VZAM.  These are to used with great care as you could mess up your device if entered incorrectly.

When you open it again it will rebuild the proper files and should resolve this concern.  

*Note: The commands must be typed precisely as shown or it can render the device unusable if customer gets it wrong have the exit the window and try again.
1.  Open VZ Access Manager

2.  Hold down the Control button and type T (this should open the DOS prompt box)
3.  Type ATZ and then click the Enter key (it should then respond OK)
4.  Type AT$QCMIPP=0 (the last character is a zero) and then press the Enter key (it should then respond OK)
5. Type AT$QCMIPEP=1 and then press the Enter key (it should then respond OK)
6. Type AT$QCMIPGETP and then press the Enter key (device information will be displayed)

7. Close VZ Access Manager

When you open it again it will rebuild the proper files and should resolve this concern.

0 Likes