5G on mifi!!
middendorf

I have the mifi 2200 for one month now. The service is good, but my bill was $246.00!!!!!!! I was more than upset. I was told that I would have no problem with the 5G limit although we are heavy internet users. I do have 2 teenagers and myself on the internet every day. Overage charges were $83.00!! Why is there a limit? And is VZW going to have a plan for mifi users that is unlimited, like every other internet service in the world. I can have unlimited service for $60.oo that is just as good if not better, what is up?

0 Likes
Re: 5G on mifi!!
Not applicable

Did you read what you were buying before you signed up?  It's all spelled out pretty clearly.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Because of the cap, I have yet to get the mifi or a data card from vzw...
0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

What were u thinking, buying a MiFi for daily use by 3 people???  No way can u stay under the cap with all the updates to Windows and viewing videos, etc.   U bought the wrong product, man!  I love my MiFi but I only rarely use it with a computer.  Primary use is for ipod Touch.  I rarely go over 1GB per month.  U may need to bite the bullet, pay the ETF, and get a "real" internet service for your family.   Comcast allows 250GB per month.

0 Likes
gwhnewbie

I am using the USB modem for $59 with the 5GB monthly cap and am still in the first month, so I still have  a short window of opportunity to change to another plan and device if necessary. 

1) I can't reliably and consistently get usage data so as to determine if I am going over and was told there is an internal issue being worked on this and I should call in if I want accurate usage data. ?

2) I am one person, one computer, with one wireless printer and have discovered I can no longer network with anything, including my wireless printer

3) I use a "family line" cell for $10 a month, with 700 mins limit for 3 people, but the other 2 rarely use the phone and I think I can keep itunder the limit on the cell phone part

4) I just checked my bill and it is over $400 for the initial month with the set up for 2 USB modems and 2 cellphones!  What happened here?  The quote was $160.?

This solution was pretty much bought for me with good intentions and I am now trying to ascertain if I have  apoor match or what.  I am not a heavy uploader/downloader but do use the internet (email and forums) on a daily basis and update my computer (OS and software) on a regular basis.  Am I using the right solution or have I missed something obvious and should be using something else like the MIFI or an EVDO optimized router for the wireless printer?   Any help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
gwhnewbie

{keep it relevant and courteous}

0 Likes
gwhnewbie

{no discussion of moderator actions please}

0 Likes
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't give Jim much attention as he seems to think the service we all recieve is more then fair for the money we spend. People who are have been on unlimited for years don't know what or how much 5G is. Verizon is the one that said its more then such and such a percentage use every month. Their sales reps sell you the plan with the same mindset. Oh you could never use 5GB a month they say.  Regardless there is no way of accurately knowing how much we use. If they charged us 20GB worth there is no way we could really prove we didn't as consumers use it. I was just thinking the other day that almost every service that provides a limit or a flow control has to be under the watchful eye of a auditor. I wonder if that applies to cellphone companies?

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you're not happy with Verizon, why don't you switch to another carrier?  I'm happy with Verizon because I am using it for travel and as a backup to my primary ISP.  I think it's a litty pricey, but I knew that when I signed up.  I don't have a problem with the lack of accurate, up-to-date usage information because I downloaded NetMeter to keep track of my usage.  If I ever become unhappy with Verizon, I'll drop it and move on.

0 Likes
gwhnewbie

On a thread like this, how can a person tell which specific post/user a person is replying to?

0 Likes