can't reactivate my lg g5 rs988
woobagooba

Tech support says it doesn't support hd calling, which is wrong as best i can tell.  I've still got the rs988 on two lines that work fine.  On a third line i momentarily swapped out the sim now verizon wont reactivate the phone.  I'm confused about what tech this phone does not support that the verizon branded lg g5 does.

0 Likes
Re: can't reactivate my lg g5 rs988
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone needs to be capable of VoLTE calls or HD Voice in order to be activated on the Verizon Wireless network as of July 2018 or 2019. Existing non-HD voice phones already activated can remain on the network for a while longer until the CDMA network is shutdown. If the phone model isn't capable of HD Voice, it can't be activated anymore. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
woobagooba

It is capable, its in the settings and when i make a call the hd symbol is on the screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woobagooba, we understand the importance of making sure you are aware of your options to re-activate your device onto our Network. We do want to let you know that Verizon will no longer allow any CDMA (3G and 4G Non-HD Voice devices) to be activated on our Network. Any devices that you may have that are currently activated are not impacted unless the device is removed from the account. Please follow this link to review more details https://vz.to/32jpflC.

Here is a helpful link to review your device compatibility to our Network https://vz.to/2vSZH0v.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woobagooda, the RS988 model does not support Wi-Fi Calling. While this model does have the HD switch, there is no Wi-Fi Calling function on this version of the phone. This is why the phone will no longer activate on our service.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why would not have the Wi-Fi calling feature affect the phone's ability to use the LTE network for calls? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help! To speed this support along, please reach out to us through your personal Facebook or Twitter account. We're available there around the clock. We hope to speak with you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We want to help! To speed this support along, please reach out to us through your personal Facebook or Twitter account. We're available there around the clock. We hope to speak with you soon. MichelleH_VZW

Why can't you send them a private message through the Verizon Wireless Community forum? 

0 Likes