Hi

I have a BB Key2, i dont have service on it yet only over wifi,

im trying to activate it and it doesnt work

0 Likes
Re: activate issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayrose-

We want your phone to work without any issues. May I ask if your phone is unlocked? Are you activating it on a Postpaid or Prepaid account?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jayrose wrote:

Hi

I have a BB Key2, i dont have service on it yet only over wifi,

im trying to activate it and it doesnt work

If you are trying to sync your messages from another activated phone to the unactivated BB Key2 with Messages+ application, the sync won't work as the application has recognized the Key2 as a phone. The application is looking for the activated phone number on the Key2 and it isn't finding it. 

Now if you are attempting to activate the Key2 as a phone, you might not be able to if the phone isn't capable of VoLTE calls. Verizon Wireless will no longer activate phone that use only the CDMA network for calls. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jayrose

I got the phone from verizon

as of now its not on any account, im trying to get it to work over wifi and get the messages on the BB before i activate it on my postpaid account

0 Likes
Jayrose

Thats exactly what im trying to do

and i inseret my sim card in the new BB key 2 phone and it didnt sync the messages as well

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayrose, we look forward to having you as our customer soon! In order to provide the assistance you are looking for, you will need to have service with us first; meaning you will need to open an account & have this phone activated on our network. When you have service, please reach back out to us with any further questions. To join Verizon Wireless, please reach out to our Sales Team at 888-924-7937. AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Jayrose

I am a bussines acount holder and i want to add this phone to the plan, but first i want to get my messages synced 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jayrose wrote:

I am a bussines acount holder and i want to add this phone to the plan, but first i want to get my messages synced 

You won't be able to sync up the text messages until the phone is activated on the line. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jayrose

Hi

I did activate it my inserting my sim card in the new phone and it still didnt sync

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayrose, we want to ensure you can sync your messages to your new device as needed. Did your number activate to the BB Key2 device when you inserted your SIM card. Is it allowing all services (calls, texts and data)? What device did you have those messages stored on previously? How were you backing up those messages on the old device?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes