Re: activate an unlocked Oneplus 8 Pro
mikhaildan86

i haven't been able to receive some text messages. can you help? I just switched from a OnePlus 6t to OnePlus 8 Pro. i've tried using different message applications to see if it was the app and still nothing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting your phone up and running is very important, mikhaildan86. We are happy to assist. So we're on the same page, is it every contact that you're not able to receive text messages from? Can you send messages to these contacts? - GregL_VZW

0 Likes
bindi830

I just activated my 8 Pro, and it will send but not receive any text messages. I can't seem to find many recent posts about this issue? I hope there's a fix...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bindi830, we want to ensure this is working properly for you. Is there any change to this?

0 Likes
Ventuckyspaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an unlocked Motorola Stylus and a Verizon purchased one also. The Verizon one does wifi calling just fine but my unlocked version won't even show the options for it because the carrier purposely disables the "feature" on unlocked phones to try to force you to buy the phone from them. Just install Google Voice and use that when you are in a spot with internet but no 4g. It's the only work around. Totally unacceptable that Verizon does this to their customers. I could have bought a Verizon branded Stylus for $5 a month at the time but didn't think they would actually disable this "feature" on my phone. I don't really need it at my house my 4G works good but when I'm at other houses sometimes I have to use my Google Voice number instead. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes