activate an unlocked Oneplus 8 Pro
Jeffn1523
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased a Oneplus 8 Pro directly from Oneplus. Would have bought it from Verizon, but they don't offer the Pro. Can I just swap out the SIM card and be all set? 

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: activate an unlocked Oneplus 8 Pro
Racer0803
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just activated my OnePlus 8 Pro unlocked on Verizon today. Incoming and outgoing calls work. Texting works. Volte works. I've been on the line with tech support for 4 hours trying to get VoWiFi to work without any luck. I am being elevated to tier 2 service tech. VoWifi was working on Google Fi for me earlier today. Other than that, it seems to be good to go.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to remain a Verizon Wireless customer for a long time. Being able to activate the phone of your choice is important. Verizon is supporting the unlocked OnePlus 8 Pro device as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are certified for BYOD activation. They will work out-of-the-box on our 4G LTE network and do not require a software update. We hope this helps. 

SheritaH_VZW

View solution in original post

rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Following. I've decided on this phone and need to know whether to stay on with Verizon. It's past time they got on with One Plus.

0 Likes
Racer0803
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just activated my OnePlus 8 Pro unlocked on Verizon today. Incoming and outgoing calls work. Texting works. Volte works. I've been on the line with tech support for 4 hours trying to get VoWiFi to work without any luck. I am being elevated to tier 2 service tech. VoWifi was working on Google Fi for me earlier today. Other than that, it seems to be good to go.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally understand wanting to get the model phone you want, Jeffn1523. We are here to help. 

Typically, to activate a phone, you can take a SIM card from an existing active phone and install it into the new phone. However, you would want make sure that the phone you have is compatible with us https://vz.to/2Dql3YP

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to remain a Verizon Wireless customer for a long time. Being able to activate the phone of your choice is important. Verizon is supporting the unlocked OnePlus 8 Pro device as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are certified for BYOD activation. They will work out-of-the-box on our 4G LTE network and do not require a software update. We hope this helps. 

SheritaH_VZW

jenny14

Sherita,

What advice can you give about not receiving SMS text messages. There are threads on OnePlus, Verizon, Reddit and almost everywhere you can think of about this glitch. I just bought a OnePlus 8 and can send but not receive texts, either on the stock messaging app or Textra. Do you still need to contact tech support and have the CDMA less tweak?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, jenny14. We are here to help! we are sending you a Private Note now. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jenny14. Making sure you are able to receive text messages on your new phone is key, and we can certainly help. To clarify, did you purchase the device directly from Verizon? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Bill68509

I activated a OnePlus 8, but cannot receive texts. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you are able to send and receive text messages. When did this first start? What text messaging application are you using? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes