Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KandoFosho,

Making sure you have a phone you can rely on is a big deal. We want your phone to meet your needs. We don't currently carry any Blackberry devices. That could change in the future and if it does any new phone would be listed at https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/ . The Blackberry KEYone isn't sold by us but is approved for use on our network and is the most recent Blackberry device to be approved.

What issues are you having with your Priv? We're always glad to assist you with any device issues.

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KandoFosho
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Andrew,

My phone is a few years old and is acting its age.

- resets randomly

- doesn't interact with apps the way its supposed to

- won't remember "most used" words, including my name, in its dictionary

- overheats a lot

- extremely slow, to answer a call, button presses, basically anything

I want a phone with a keyboard. Blackberry continues to make those for

people who want that function. The KeyOne itself is 2 years old and there

is a new version of that called a Key2. I do not want another old phone or

your basic models that are on the site.

So, please enlighten me about how you can help with my old phone.

Thanks

Kandis

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 12:38 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You obviously need a new phone. You see what Verizon offers

0 Likes
KandoFosho
Enthusiast - Level 2

No kidding...great response!

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 9:39 AM boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
tommystanton

I'm in the same exact boat, KandoFosho​. Smiley Happy

I bought my Blackberry Priv from the Verizon Wireless online store in November 2016, after it was already an old phone.  I'm considering purchasing the KEYone from Best Buy (yet another old phone), because that seems to be my only option as a physical keyboard power user.  I would love the option of a KEY2 on the Verizon network.

Why is there no market for physical keyboard smartphones? Some people like to be productive (eg. business folks).  I am dumbfounded that the industry won't take more notice that there is a real need for phones with physical keyboards.

0 Likes
INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

boringusername is Batman to Verizon's Gotham. Flying about the forums to confront the Key2 Jokers and Penguins. Defender of the metropolis!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KandoFosho, Having multiple issues with your device is no fun at all. My goal is to get to the bottom of this one issue at a time. How often is your device resetting? I want you to start by clearing your cache and stop running apps. I have included 2 links that will walk you through how to take those steps. Once you have cleared the cache and stopped running apps test it out and let me know what happens.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203232/

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203076/

Justin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

appears the VZW only responds to posts that are NOT related to the thread topic...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tommystanton, we know how important our phones are for our daily use and we are in the best disposition to help. We'll make sure to submit your feedback, and please keep in mind that you can always check our latest updates and device releases if you sign up via email. Here is the link to enroll. 

http://spr.ly/6587D26jV

Monica_VZW

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback! The BlackBerry KEY2 LE has now been certified for the Verizon network. You can activate the new KEY2 LE on your existing phone number via MYVerizon > My Devices > Activate or Switch.

0 Likes