Why is store customer service so bad?
markinfla1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

customer service at Verizon stores stink, here is my experience and why I  will never step foot into a Verizon store my again.

This is March 2019. So I order a new IPhone XR and case through a customer portal online. Instead of shipping it, I asked if it can be picked up at the local Bradenton, Florida store. No problem I’m told. When I get an email stating my order is ‘ready’ I can pick it up. Ok sounds good!

i head out on my lunch hour, and all the while making the 20 min drive, Iam calling the local store to inform them I’m on my way and to please have it ready. 

No one answers the phone for 20 minutes.

so I get there after racing through traffic, and I see customers, but no staff. Finally I locate a young woman at the back of the store putting together packaging for something, but doesn’t appear to helping anyone in particular. After a few minutes she finally looks up and asks if I’m checked in. Obviously not since there ais an elderly lady beside me who had been waiting before I arrive.

After a min or two a guy comes out of the back and goes to helping someone else.

Two minutes later, another member comes out and finally checks me in. He then walks off to the front of the store and stands there like a Walmart greeter!

All I want to do is pick up my new phone and case. They could care less.

Finally, after losing another 15 minutes to being considered a statue in the store, I left, and on my way out I told the Walmart greeter I’m leaving in a tone that told him I wasn’t happy. He could care less.

Verizon as a whole could care less. 

I called Verizon on the way back to work to see if they could change the order location to another store(remember in this scenario Verizon hasn’t shipped anything to me, so it’s not changing an order it’s shipped, just the store that has it in stock), I’m told that can’t be done!

once an order is placed, it can’t be changed. So I ask to cancel my order, they won’t do that either(although they greedily took my money online for down payment), guess what I’m told?

Dont pick it up for three days and it will automatically cancel! !!

Guess what Verizon, that isn’t a problem!  

Every person I spoke with could not help me whether it was in person, on the phone, or online.

Its day 3. Can’t wait to see the refund in 3-5 days!! [removed]

Want my advice? Don’t go to a store. 

This is the age of customer service that doesn’t care about you.

Ill keep my 7plus, since I suddenly got a revelation that my current phone works great.

Contract is up next month. CYA!!! 

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Why is store customer service so bad?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are saddened to hear of your store experience. Upgrading online, or with a representative, over the phone, is a simple, hassle-free process. Were you still interedted in upgrading?

CraigS­_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @Vzsupport.
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button, under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
markinfla1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know I might be if it’s totally hassle free. What is hassle free? Cancelling the order at that store, taking what I was already charged and applying it to a new order for the same thing, and shipping it as fast as possible..Yep, that would do it!

0 Likes
markinfla1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know what? Forget it. After getting ANOTHER message telling me to hurry and pick up my phone at that HORRIBLE store in Bradenton, Florida the heck with it!

The down payment money Verizon? Please refund it will ya?  So I can use that money to replace my cracked screen, then I won’t need a new phone and my contract ends next month!! 

Woohooo!!

You see when I gave them an opportunity on here to make me happy no one responded!!! That’s what you get with VERIZON, POOR CUSTOMER SERVIXE!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markinfla1963, I am sorry to learn about the experience you had in the store location. It would break our hearts to see you go. We certainly understand the importance of having your new phone protected. When you place an order for in-store pickup, the process is different when it comes to canceling it. You can do so via your My Verizon account only when it is in sent or ready status: oo to My Orders in My Verizon. Next to your In-Store Pickup order, click Cancel my order. Once canceled a credit will be received in 3-5 business days. (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/in-store-pickup-faqs/) Feedback has been lifted about the store interaction; each customer should be greeted upon entering the store and advised initially about the check-in process, so they have a clear understanding of the wait times.

0 Likes