What to expect when BYOD from another carrier?
bamainark

I'm in the process of moving from Sprint to Verizon.   Porting number and activating my Galaxy S8.   What can I expect ROM/Firmware/Software wise to see once the phone get's activated on Verizon?   The phone is the G950U so Sim unlocked.   Will Verizon want to push their own firmware/software?   Waiting for Verizon SIM to be delivered.
Currently there are few Sprint specific Apps that I cannot uninstall because the phone has a locked Bootloader.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What to expect when BYOD from another carrier?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might not get any more system updates unless Samsung allows updates over wi-fi and even then it might be the Sprint version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to welcome you to the Verizon family, bamainark. We want to ensure you have the best device to meet your needs and use on our network. Your device software updates can be completed through the manufacturer. You would not have Verizon apps pre-installed on the device, but you can search in the PlayStore for Verizon apps. You can learn more about bringing your own device here, http://spr.ly/6587ERcB1;

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
svobodah

When I purchase an unlocked galaxy s10 will all verizon features such as wifi calling, hd voice, and hd video be avilable? I know some of these services have been limited in the past.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VZW branded billing features that are not supported on Open Development (OD) certified Open Market smartphones are:

• Visual Voicemail (VVM)
    • LTE Video Calling
    • Enhanced Address Book
    • VoWiFi (WiFi calling)
    • Family Base
    • Family Locator

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Verizon-vs-unlocked-Galaxy-S9/m-p/1...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are unable to ensure that all features from another carrier will work on our network. Will you be purchasing a Verizon device? 

DillonY_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button undermy response. This ensures others can benefitfrom our conversation. Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Likes