Verizon has disappointed me on OnePlus 7T pro

After Verizon added the OnePlus 7 pro and OnePlus 6T into their system in Mid 2019, I thought Verizon has managed to deal with the compatibility issue for OnePlus phones. So by the end of 2019, I decided to buy a OnePlus 7T pro, the latest flagship device from OnePlus, expecting that Verizon will make it work as well. Now that I have this phone, I fall into the same "can't receive text" situation that has occured over and over again on OnePlus phones. After wasting countless hours talking to poor tech supporters, I finally came to understand that Verizon is too lazy to put the HD1910 and HD1913 model into their system, so now all the OnePlus 7T pro devices are not getting recognized. So tech supporters now don't see an option to turn on the CDMA-less settings for us.

I genuinely don't understand why this is an issue. Users should not be forced to waste their time in fruitless calls just to realize that THE CARRIER is too lazy to update their database to allow such a powerful phone to be used with their network. This is like Verizon saying to my face that I don't deserve the freedom to choose my own device.

I just want to use a new phone. What's it gonna take?

Highlighted

Re: Verizon has disappointed me on OnePlus 7T pro

Novice

Switch to TMobile? Any phone that isn't mainstream that isn't sold by Verizon isn't going to work like one that is.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yeah, I have previous used an iPhone, and that has worked fine. I never thought compatibility would be such a big issue.

I'm looking into T-mobile and Google Fi if Verizon can't resolve the issue quickly. Too much time has been spent on trying to make it work with Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We deeply apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your phone, inphinity. We always want our customers to have a properly working phone.

Looking at the phones that are compatible with our service, we are sad to say but we do not have the OnePlus 7T Pro listed. We do have the OnePlus 6T, 7Pro and 7T UNL listed as compatible with our network. 

We are very sad to say that even if a phone is shown as being compatible with our network, there is no guarantee that every feature will work on that phone with our services. This is due to the phone not actually being manufactured for our network. 

Possibly in the future the phone you have, OnePlus 7T Pro will have the CDMA-Less feature available for it. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

has anything changed the the 7t pro  

HD1913 to be used on verizon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We definitely want you to be happy with your device. Tell me, what issue, if any, are you having with it? Please let us know how we can assist you. Please also keep in mind that there are many ways to reach out to us for assistance in real time. Please review: http://spr.ly/66061WCiw

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Covid19