Re: Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you tried activating a SIM card in another phone and then simply moving it from that phone into the Key2? That has worked in the past for phones which had not been approved for use on Verizon.

0 Likes
FCaputo4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Data only when doing that.

0 Likes
FCaputo4
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I switched to T-Mobile and absolutely love the Key2. Feels good to know I can choose whatever phone I want without having to worry if it will work with my carrier's network now. I don't see Verizon provisioning the Key2 nor do I see TCL/BBMo pay to have it certified. Good luck out there!

0 Likes
INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

God bless you for cutting the VZW chord. I'm hearing this more and more in the CB forums. Can't believe VZW's BYOD program requires you to switch carriers in order to BYOD. Hahaha.....I'm probably right behind you after 19 years here at Big Red.

FCaputo4
Enthusiast - Level 2

23 years under my belt with 6 lines and all they offered me was $3 off my phone insurance...I have a BlackBerry KEYone and do not have phone insurance. Classic

0 Likes
otterry53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was paying for insurance through Verizon on my KeyOne for 14 months.  I just cracked the screen and filed a claim.  Verizon and Assurion told me that the KeyOne is discontinued and would only offer me a Moto Z2!  When I tried to question Assurion they just said it was discontinued and they don't know why.

0 Likes
MORROB85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get the blackberry keytwo whitelisted please verizon. No reason its taking this long.. Theres a following for them, clearly lots of people want them.

dtnel

Should've seen if they'd give you the cash value and then get one online and switch it over. Sitting here middlingmuddling thru the forum to see if the Unlocked Note 9 will be the way I go to rid the bloatware from lt phones. Funny thing is most vzw phones will work on straight talk BYOD as I recently did it with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and it's still rocking along. They provisioned it under VZWENTP and some other entries I had to do in the settings which told me my straight talk phone connects to ....... VERIZON towers even though straight talk is owned by Tracphone last I heard recently.

It's just a matter of other carriers buy / trade bulk lots of phone and data between them at sweetheart rates which allows all this BYOD stuff to happen.

I wish Verizon would quit being mum on the note 9 when the note 8 has been certified.

0 Likes
ls_61

Is there a reason the LGM322 X Charge shows not compatible with Verizon Network? The device is Verizon Network and VoLTE/HD Compatible?

How to to get it certified?

Thanks

0 Likes
jon9999vz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Carol,

According to this page, the BlackBerry Key2 LE is certified for Verizon.

The device doesn't appear on your list above, however. Can you please confirm?

Also, can you kindly comment on why the Key 2 LE is certified, but the more expensive full Key 2 is not? The radios are identical, from what I understand. Why would the cheaper LE version be certified but the full version is not, particularly when the full version was released three months earlier than the LE version?

Thank you.

Capture.PNG