Re: Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones
loserjoe

If I bring an unlocked Samsung s9+ (SM-G955U1) what verizon features or services are not supported.  Will Visual VoiceMail work?  Will I be able to transfer my contacts from my existing Galaxy s5 that I purchased from Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

VerizonVisual voicemail won't work on an unlocked phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
loserjoe

Thank you for the answer. I appreciate it.

0 Likes
KEVNKEL

Incorrect - I have a moto x pure (XT1575) and it worked for years. Unlocked, purchased from Motorola, and recently received OTA to Android 7. So, is this another "free" service that's going away? The disconnect between stores and support (and the growing frustration with long time customers) will shrink your market share. If the Sprint/Tmobile merge goes through, Verizon is going to be like US Cellular.

0 Likes
KEVNKEL

Why indicate you are certifying a phone if you won't support updates? I've received one OTA with a security update that was from last year-ostensibly a 500mb "update" that removed the Amazon Prime ad face on startup.  Still no security updates that were provided by Google that addressed many of the security issues.  To be fair, the lackluster and capricious support provided the LG community is awful.  While my main reason for purchasing an unlocked phone was to regain control of the bloatware and the carrier-agnostic capabilities of an unbranded phone, the main carriers seem to think that customers will continue to take it instead of moving on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The manufacturer is responsible for releasing the OS updates on unlocked unbranded devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

CINDY20
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will this list be updated.  I would like to know if the BlackBerry Key2 will work on the Verizon LTE system.  Only service that works at my home is Verizon, and my husband is a hard core qwerty keyboard user.....  His BlackBerry Classic is dying and I would like to get him the Key2.

KLAMHCABLE
Enthusiast - Level 1

A lot of us Verizon customers are waiting for an answer to this question   We WANT the KEY2 !!!!

cmcd
Enthusiast - Level 2

While my KEYone is doing great, I could see my way to the KEY2 if VZW sells it or Whitelists it!

FCaputo4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered it from Amazon because I have so much faith in Verizon for all they have done for me in the 20+ years I have been a customer....but I see no reason they wouldn't whitelist the Key2 when they did for the KEYone (yes, I know the BBB100-3 had a CDMA radio) but still was not sold by them.