Re: Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

When are you going to add the A70 to the unlocked list?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PixelDude wrote:

When are you going to add the A70 to the unlocked list?

That is the responsibility of the manufacturer, Samsung, which has to pay for the certification to verify the phone model can get on the list. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones Nokia 7.2
Shelkyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

To any Verizon employees that might be lurking, this is the kind of illogical, non-sensible incomprehensible examples of your opaque "Authorized VoLTE" device policy that leaves people like me frustrated and questioning why we pay you every month (but other companies are equally as frustrating and have poorer coverage if nicer phones on the whole).

The Samsung Galaxy A50 is Verizon VoLTE authorized, yet only supports 1 Verizon LTE band ( B5 out of B2, B4, B5, B13 and B66).  Amazon reviews are replete with complaints how this phone does not work with Verizon and some others saying how it does work.  This is likely due to the fact that B5 is not a major band and not supported in all markets yet the phone is "Authorized"

The Nokia 7.2 supports all published Verizon LTE bands, and more, and has VoLTE, but is not an "Authorized" Verizon VoLTE device, and would almost certainly operate better than the A50.

This seems to be because Nokia has not paid Verizons pound of flesh, but Samsung has.

So I am left in the position of accepting a less capable phone that is authorized or risking buying a better phone that might work on Verizon's VoLTE network if I believe internet rumors and can find the right "guy" who can configure it to work with Verizon.

Verizon, please quit being a coy pain in the butt and just let us use the phones that we know will work on your network.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones Nokia 7.2
mama23dogs
Legend

@Shelkyn   First let's correct incorrect information.  I don't know why you think the A50 only supports band 5, as the A50 supports all Verizon LTE bands.  2, 4, 5, 13, 66.  13  is the primary LTE band.   Verizon sells their own version of the A50 which will also get Wi-Fi calling.

The unlocked version of the A50 includes the full list of US bands and is Verizon certified.  no WiFi calling.
The US version of the Nokia 7.2 has correct bands for US carriers including Verizon.LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 13(700), 28(700), 66(1700/2100) - USA

I assume you bought the Nokia, and can't get VoLTE?   

0 Likes
Brobdingnag
Enthusiast - Level 3

Based on this list, I bought a Motorola Z3 Play but still the IMEI number was not registered despite being on this 'certified' unlocked Android Smartphone list.

Took me 2 hours of tech support calls and they could not help, but the issue fixed itself the next day.  I presume they found out that such phones are ok but didn't inform me, I was boxing the phone to return it to Motorola since I have a limited time to return it no-questions asked.

So, beware buyers non-Verizon phones is not a smooth purchase as it could be.

Suffice to say, the competitors networks beginning with, A, T, S, were far more willing to get me and all confirmed quickly my phone works on their networks.

Since the IMEI number clearly identifies what the phone is, and very likely not faked, which is illegal, why such a hassle adding the IMEI in the database, Verizon should make a policy that is clear:

All certified BYOD can be used with existing active Verizon accounts through the web portal or by phone call

or

All certified BYOD must be brought to a Verizon store to be officially checked  before activation for any account, new or existing

Then we all know what we face, the latter choice being a more painful one.

@carol_vzw wrote:

To ensure voice and data work properly, only select BYOD devices with approved hardware and software are allowed for use on the Verizon Wireless network.

ManufacturerModelModel Number
AlcatelA30
A30 Plus
Idol 5S
5046S
5049S
6060S
BlackBerry

KEYone

KEY2 LE

BBB-100-3

BBE-100-5

BLUVIVO XI
VIVI XI+

VIVO XI

VIVO XI Plus

EssentialPH-1PH-1
Google

Nexus 6P
Nexus 5X
Pixel 3

Pixel 3 XL

Pixel 2

Pixel 2 XL

Pixel
Pixel XL

Huawei- H1511
LG-H790

G013A

GO13C

G011A

G011C

G-2PW4100
G-2PW2100
HPElite X3Elite X3
HTC

U12

U11

U12

U11

LG

LG G7
LG G6 Unlocked
LG G5 Unlocked
LG K20V Unlocked
LG Stylo 4
LG V20 Unlocked
LG V30S ThinQ
LG V35 ThinQ

LM-G710ULM
LG-US997
LG-RS988
LG-RS501
LM-Q710-ULM
LG-US996
LG-US998
LM-V30ULM

Motorola

Moto G7 Unlocked
Moto G7 Power Unlocked

Moto G6

Moto G6 Play

Moto G5 Plus
Moto G4
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G4 Play
Moto G5 S Plus
Moto X Pure Edition

Moto E (4th generation)
Moto E Plus (4th generation)
Moto Z3 Play

Moto Z2 Play
Motorola Nexus 6

XT-1962-1
XT-1955-5

XT-1925-6

XT-1922-9

XT-1687
XT-1625
XT-1644
XT-1607
XT-1806
XT-1575

XT-1768
XT-1775

XT-1921-4

XT-1701
Nexus 6 – Non VZW *Chinese Range (starting with 35547) excluded

OnePlus6T6T
OrbicWonderRC555L
Project Freedom (Quality One)SentryADR 1776
RazerPhone 2Phone 2
Samsung

Galaxy S10 Unlocked
Galaxy S10+ Unlocked
Galaxy S10 SE Unlocked

Galaxy S9 Unlocked

Galaxy S9+ Unlocked

Galaxy S8 Unlocked
Galaxy S8+ Unlocked
Galaxy S7 Unlocked
Galaxy S7 Edge Unlocked
Galaxy Note 9 Unlocked

Galaxy Note 8 Unlocked

SM-G970U1
SM-G973U1
SM-G975U1

SM-G960U1

SM-G965U1

SM-G950U1
SM-G955U1
SM-G930U
SM-G935U
SM-N950U1

SM-N960U1

Sony

Xperia 10

Xperia 10 Plus

Xperia XZ2

Xperia XA2

I3123
I3223

H8314 (Dual-SIM model H8324 is not compatible)

H3123

TCLLX1
LX2

LX1

LX2

View a list of approved BYOD Apple devices.

crapshootvegas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see the LG G8 ThinQ, which is sold through retailers as Verizon-compatible, and is also available via Verizon Upgrade. I purchased this phone yesterday and had trouble activating it. VZW support agent was successful in activating via live chat, but now I wonder if it will even work properly. Can you confirm/deny for me?

Thank you.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Brobdingnag 

@crapshootvegas 

if you are bringing a non-Verizon smart phone you will probably have to have it activated at a company store so that your line is provisioned for CDMA-less service.  
when I switched in with a one plus 6T, they did have to provision the line

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
Brobdingnag
Enthusiast - Level 3

@mama23dogs wrote:

@Brobdingnag 

@crapshootvegas 

if you are bringing a non-Verizon smart phone you will probably have to have it activated at a company store so that your line is provisioned for CDMA-less service.  
when I switched in with a one plus 6T, they did have to provision the line

Good to know.  Its one reason Verizon should have a clear policy for BYOD activation, should such provisioning be needed, given the sunset of 3G.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Brobdingnag   Agree.   The list is no longer updated, and the website with compatible phones only includes a few 'popular' models.  
And for gosh sakes, stop blocking Wifi calling!   I can enable it, but it does not work.   Neither AT&T or Verizon will comment on why they exclude them, other than they are excluded.  Other carriers just allow it.  (T-mobile).