Re: Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones
Trentos

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U1 purchased from Samsung directly. The IMEI says it is not an approved device. I had my service activated at a store. They hsd some issues at first but got it working. Everything is working properly on the phone but verizons system sees it as a device and not a smartphone. I am getting charged extra because it does not count as a phone for multi-line discounts and I am unable to upgrade my plan. I will be terminating my service with verizon unless this issue can be fixed.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Trentos wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U1 purchased from Samsung directly. The IMEI says it is not an approved device. I had my service activated at a store. They hsd some issues at first but got it working. Everything is working properly on the phone but verizons system sees it as a device and not a smartphone. I am getting charged extra because it does not count as a phone for multi-line discounts and I am unable to upgrade my plan. I will be terminating my service with verizon unless this issue can be fixed.

Call and speak with tech support.  This phone is on the list of approved devices, so someone ‘activated’ it wrong.    https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Bring-Your-Own-Device/Verizon-Certified-Unlocked-Android-Sm...

0 Likes
Falcon09_
Enthusiast - Level 3

This list is old.

When will Verizon update this list?

WillyRy

The "partners" ie. Oneplus have the option readily available on the phones, but "you" Verizon, blacklist the IMEIs on your end...

0 Likes
colbycdev
Enthusiast - Level 1

Aren't the Pixel 3a/3a xl compatible, along with US versions of Moto Z4 and X4 (I'm using an X4 on the network right now, in fact)

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@colbycdev wrote:

Aren't the Pixel 3a/3a xl compatible, along with US versions of Moto Z4 and X4 (I'm using an X4 on the network right now, in fact)

Yes.  Verizon hasn’t updated the list.  The oneplus 7 and 7 pro seem to work, but the party line is ‘it takes time . . . ‘.   It’s getting old waiting.  

0 Likes
Shelkyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be clear, phones not on this list will not be allowed to utilize Verizon's network, is that true?

I am buying a Purism Librem 5 phone, not Android or IoS.  If this is correct, I must look for service from another provider, even though this phone supports LTE bands B2, B4, B5, B13, B25, B26 and B66.

I want to keep Verizon, but I am not up to searching for that one guy who might be able get this phone working.

Other GSM providers will be happy to have my buisness.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Shelkyn wrote:

To be clear, phones not on this list will not be allowed to utilize Verizon's network, is that true?

I am buying a Purism Librem 5 phone, not Android or IoS.  If this is correct, I must look for service from another provider, even though this phone supports LTE bands B2, B4, B5, B13, B25, B26 and B66.

I want to keep Verizon, but I am not up to searching for that one guy who might be able get this phone working.

In addition to the LTE frequencies, the phone also needs to support VoLTE calling over the Verizon Wireless network to be compatible. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Shelkyn wrote:

Don’t know where you got those specs or LTE bands as they don’t agree with Purism’s own spec sheet.  Please post a link?

If these are correct, it won’t work in the USA.  Period.    It doesn’t have primary LTE bands for AT&T to T-mobile either.  It lacks the proper 3g bands to even work until 3g shuts down.  

https://mobilityarena.com/librem-5-smartphone/

• 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)

The reported price on the phone is $650.  Why on earth would you spend $650 for old chipset (Snapdragon 632)  and only 3 gigs of RAM?  Only 32 gigs of storage? You can buy a oneplus for less and get more phone.  A lot MORE phone.  And it will actually work with a cell carrier in the USA.

mama23dogs
Legend

@Shelkyn wrote:

https://www.pricekart.com/mobile/purism-librem-5

This site lists different specs, but NOT band 13 (required for Verizon, or 12/17 which is required for AT&T).  

Unless you can provide a better spec list, that phone is a waste of money unless you plan on Wifi only use.