Verizon Approved BYOD Apple Devices
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Select BYOD devices with approved hardware and software are allowed for use on the Verizon Wireless network. This ensures that voice and data work properly.

iPhone
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone X CDMAless
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 8 CDMAless
  • iPhone 8 Plus CDMAless
  • iPhone 7 (A1660 only; A1778 is not compatible)
  • iPhone 7 Plus (A1661 only; A1784 is not compatible)
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone SE (A1662 only; A1723 is not compatible)
iPad
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad Mini with Retina display (iPad Mini 2)
  • iPad Mini 3
  • iPad Mini 4
  • iPad Pro 9.7" (1st Generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9" (1st Generation)
  • iPad (March 2017)
  • iPad Pro 10.5"
  • iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Generation)

View a list of BYOD Verizon certified Android devices.

This document was generated from the following discussion: The specified discussion was not found.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Approved BYOD Apple Devices
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

I am asking this question out of curoisity: do BYOD iPhones support Verizon Wireless Wi-Fi Calling? I am asking because I know that BYOD Andriod smartphones do not support it and I don't know if the same feature limitation applies to BYOD iPhones.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

My unlocked version of a Pixel 3, considered a BYOD, supports wifi calling.

I also routinely purchase unlocked versions of iPhones for my daughters and I believe they support wifi calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wadeowen307-

I realize the importance of making sure your phone supports Wi-Fi Calling. I will gladly provide clarification on the subject. Some features such as Wi-Fi Calling are limited when you bring an unlocked device. This applies to all operating systems such as IOS and Android. While some unlocked BYOD phones will allow you to use Wi-Fi Calling, it is not guaranteed. To ensure all of your phone features work with our network, it is best to purchase a Verizon Phone. I hope this answers your question.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

In other words, it has to be a feature provided by the phone itself, correct?

0 Likes
jhoey1999

Is the unlocked(carrier-less)iPhone X compatible with a prepaid monthly plan? Or do you need a postpaid plan for it to work? 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@jhoey1999 wrote:

Is the unlocked(carrier-less)iPhone X compatible with a prepaid monthly plan? Or do you need a postpaid plan for it to work? 

You can use your Sim free iPhones on any carrier, and any plan that is offered. iPhone  X will work perfectly well on Verizon prepaid 

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Have the iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max models been certifed for Verizon's BYOD program yet?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@wadeowen307 wrote:

Have the iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max models been certifed for Verizon's BYOD program yet?

It is ridiculous that this thread even exists. Unless the iPhone was made for another country like Asia or Europe, it is compatible with every united states carrier. The list is out of date . . . 

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

That is so true.

0 Likes