Unlocked phone questions
Anmlluvr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I am hoping someone here can help me or maybe point me in the right direction. I bought an unlocked LG G8 Thinq back March or April. I have been trying since then to get this phone activated properly. Because of the pandemic still going on right now, I would rather avoid going to the stores if possible (also I have heard from others that apparently the corporate stores near me have not been handling/recognizing appointments properly). The information on the website has left me even more confused and frustrated every time I go through it.

The first question I have is the SIM card. My current phone is an LG G2 that I have had since I graduated college in 2014 and it has a micro SIM. The LG G8 Thinq needs a nano SIM. When requesting a new SIM card through 'Activate or Switch Device', it does not give me an option to make sure I am getting the right SIM card size and also just shows me my current phone, which I don't need the SIM card for, I need it for the new phone. I read from some posts on here that Verizon sends a SIM package with a card that has multiple sizes or something like that. Then I have read some that get the wrong size entirely. I guess for this I just want some advice on making sure I get the right SIM card without having to go in person.

The other part I partially took care of, was the phone plan. I am currently on an older Verizon plan that I don't think you can even get anymore, but on 8/8 I will be on the Play More Unlimited plan. When I was trying to activate before, it wanted me to pick a new plan which was fine I wanted a new one anyways, but now would it be better to wait until the new plan kicks in?

Thank you in advance to anyone that reads my post. My current phone is definitely on its last legs and I want to get this new phone activated as soon as possible before it goes. I should probably add that I am not looking to add a new line, nor do I want anymore new lines, I just want to replace the phone on my existing line. Thank you again.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked phone questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Anmlluvr, we certainly want you to be able to use the phone. To confirm you have an existing account with us, correct? When you were trying to change the plan was this done online by signing into your My Verizon account? 
0 Likes
Anmlluvr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there, sorry about the long awaited reply. I had some personal stuff that came up and put a delay on replying back quickly. Yes, I do have an existing account with Verizon. I have been with Verizon for several years now, since 2008 I believe. The last phone I bought, which is still my current phone, was in 2014. To answer the other question, I just changed my Verizon plan online at the end of July to the Play More Unlimited plan. I have been on the Play More Unlimited since August. I still don't know if this will help me with activating my unlocked phone, which I really want to get done soon as my current phone is on its last legs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply. We will be more than happy look into this for you. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance.*AXP

0 Likes