Tried to transfer number, forgot to give PIN...
as40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joined Verizon, got new Verizon number, filled out form to transfer old number, but forget to enter PIN (the PIN to my old service that the form asks for). Number seems to be in limbo, and can't resubmit form now. Any help, please?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Tried to transfer number, forgot to give PIN...
as401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the number change to go through. That means I'm not the same member on these forums anymore, apparently, so I can't mark an answer (mine) as correct.

For those of you in the future, I had to chat with a support agent to resolve the issue (kind of). Click the "Chat with us" button at the bottom right of your dashboard. I was attempting to transfer my old number from Cricket. When I told the agent about not entering my PIN, they said that the number change was going through from what they could see. It had been a week at that point. They say that mobile numbers take hours and that landlines take 2-10 days. So I guess I was just being impatient, and not all mobile numbers are considered as such. As for not entering the PIN into the form, it seems it didn't matter all that much. A bit anticlimactic of an end, but glad to finally have the issue resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having issues with getting your number transferred, as40. Please contact our Port Center for help with this issue.You can reach our Port Center by calling 888-844-7095 Monday - Friday from 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM and Saturday - Sunday from 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM Central Time. It's recommended that you call from a number other than the one you are having problems porting.

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that your issues are finally resolved. I do apologize for the delay in the process of porting your number in. This is the last thing we want one of our new family members to experience. We are always here if you need us. www.vzw.com/support Was there anything else I can help you with today? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
as401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to contact chat again to resolve the issue of not being able to receive calls. The agent told me to dial *73, which according to the Internet disables call forwarding. I don't know about that, but then I was told to dial (888) 844-7095. I robot told me to enter the PIN they needed, and once that was done, it was a couple of minutes of waiting before I could finally receive calls on my phone. 

0 Likes