Taking Care of Loyal Customers
FeelTricked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon,

You win.

Unfortunately, I didn’t even know we were in a battle. I sincerely, maybe naively, thought we were friends.

When you said “Add a line, switch to Unlimited, join Autopay, buy a phone get one free - we’ll give you a $350 discount, an Amazon Echo Dot & Smartplug, and a $150 rebate”! I fell - hook, line & sinker. I was all in. You, on the other hand, were not. 

I jumped through each and every hoop! It took a long time. Not long after I pushed the “Buy” button, things started going south.

That’s when I realized something:

The fine print was designed to deceive. “Port in”? Why not just say, “use your old phone number” in the main heading or even when I fill out the phone order? If there’s a deadline, tell me up front. If I have to do it online, tell me that. If I need to do a trade-in, make it clear. Why do I have to wait through two billing cycles to see if ANY of that worked? So I’ll forget what was said?

Come on. You’re a “COMMUNICATIONS” company. Please communicate better.

I feel like I was tricked. I have talked to countless online agents, who, I hope, were really trying to help, but they would all imply everything was cool, on track, taken care of, etc, then drop a survey on me. Later, I found out the rebate wasn’t sent in or the switch from TracPhone wouldn’t count as a “switch” because of “port in” issues, or since I had to go into an actual store to get help, it might not count as an “on line order”.

It saddens me that every customer doesn’t readily and easily get the best possible deal from you. We pay you a LOT of money every month, and while I’m happy with your reliability, I wish you were more upfront and a whole lot easier (and kinder) to work with. 

Thanks for listening.

0 Likes
Re: Taking Care of Loyal Customers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we ever want you to have. We can assure you that we are here to help and answer any questions you have. It certainly can be time consuming to have to go through all this so that you can get the deal. Can you provide us more details regarding the promotion? 

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
FeelTricked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

I bought two new iPhone 11 Pros, added a line (brother switched from TracPhone to our Verizon plan), switched all lines to Unlimited, and switched to AutoPay, all on September 16, 2020.

I was supposed to get BOGO on the phones, $350 rebate for doing it online, $150 and an Amazon Echo Dot & SmartPlug for switching a line, $10 off per line for adding a 5th line, and another $10 off per line for switching to AutoPay.

Unfortunately, the wording was misleading on the $10 off deals. They already included $10 off in the listing on the main page. I thought that was the base price, not the discounted price. So we were off to a bad start from the get-go.

There was confusion on the $350 rebate. One over-the-phone agent said I needed to do a trade-in. That caused all kinds of running around.  We couldn’t do it online, so my local store said my out-of-state daughter could take her phone to a store in her city. My agent wrote a note on our account explaining what was happening. After my daughter waited in a long line, a clerk at the other store said they wouldn’t take in-store trade-ins because of Covid and provided a link to do it online. The link didn’t work. My daughter went back in to explain the situation. Her store looked up the message from my local store and said it was wrong because we couldn’t “stack deals”. I went back to my local store and told them that. They concluded the other store was wrong, but waited to check with their manager. Three days later, they got back to me to say we didn’t need to do a trade-in at all. All we had to do was order online, which I had done. Then a question arose about whether it was legitimately done online if I had gone into a store to do the trade-in. They concluded it was and I just had to wait out the 2 billing cycles to see if it actually would work. They also weren’t clear on how the BOGO would interact with the $350 deal. They said they assumed it would all work, but again, I had to wait 2 billing cycles to know for sure. Sigh.

The $150/Amazon Echo deal fell through because I couldn’t “port in” my brother’s number. I called an agent to explain that we did switch from another service provider and was told they could make it work. I jumped through all the hoops, but never heard back from the Rebate Center. I called to talk to another agent, he gave me the Rebate Center phone number. After trying over 160 times to reach them and only getting busy signals, I gave up.

That pretty much sums up our ordeal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! This is certainly not the experience we want you to have when signing up for service, and getting a new device! I understand you were looking to take advantage of a BOGO deal, $350 rebate, $150 amazon echo & smart plug, along with an APO discount. I've sent you a private Message to further assist.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes