Reset IMEI
Verizzi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave my Moto G4 XT-1625 (Verizon lists it as XT-1644) to a relative, and my relative says that he can't activate it with another provider which is (enTouch Wireless) - enTouch Wireless is on the Verizon network.  enTouch Wireless told him that Verizon needs to reset the IMEI - it sounds like it's still activated with Verizon.  I've contacted Verizon several times, and they don't know what I'm talking about.

The phone in question is an unlocked phone; it was sold to me unlocked by the manufacturer which is Lenevo Motorola.  Here's the error message he gets when he checks the IMEI on enTouch Wireless' BYOD IMEI checker, "The device has an invalid discount code."

enTouch Wireless support emailed this response, "When I check IMEI [removed] it states that this device is in an Error and State and needs Reset; at this time, we cannot use it until it validates successfully like before. I would suggest to contact Verizon since it was last activated with them, what is going on."

Verizon reps told me that the IMEI is good; it's not blacklisted, it's good to activate so I have no idea why my relative can't activate it with enTouch Wireless.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reset IMEI
stef7
Master - Level 2

Contact enTouch 866.488.8719

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Reset IMEI