Rebate
katnay51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved to Verizon from Sprint on Mar 17th and brought my own smartphone (samsung gs8).  The only way I could afford to pay off my phone and make the change after many years with sprint, was the $250 rebate I was promised.  I was very careful to fill out the form and confirm with all the sales people and customer service that i did qualify.   All I have received is an email that says invalid, reason: "We were unable to locate the mobile number associated with your submission".  Ridiculous!  I have sent in a resubmission with receipts, rebate submission email confirmation, copy of a chat with cust service.  Still invalid.  Called verizon customer service and they were very helpful, even called rebate center while I was on the phone.  "Good News!"  I would receive my rebate the next week, that was last week.  Still nothing.  I feel like a fool.  I will have to move to one of your competitors at great hassle for me.  How do you guys sleep st night, cheating people this way?  

Very disappointing.

Re: Rebate
njin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same problem.  i went to the store and told salesperson the only reason why I am switching to verizon is for $250 rebate.  He said he can activate using his device and he entered the code for this promotion.  After submitting, they said it was activated in store so rebate is not valid.  Seriously, i even asked salesperson and I could've easily activated myself.  Verizon is not responding to any of my emails and avoiding.  This is type of their business model which has no common sense.  The're just interested in taking your money and don't care how it's done.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

njin, we certainly don't want any of our customers to feel as if we don't care. I would be equally concerned if I didn't' receive the rebate as promised. I want to ensure we are on the same page; was the line of service activated using the sales agent's phone? Is this line of service still active?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
g10dra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in same boat. It seems they don't care after phone activation. When contract to customer care they always have standard message "You will be getting in another 15 days"

Real disappoitment. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see the proper rebate honored as I know the importance of getting these funds as quickly as possible, g10dra. When did you start the service? Was the rebate offered for using your own equipment or for another promotion?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
sandeecricket

I didn't even get info or addresses to send for and apply for my rebate although I was told I did qualify.  I chatted in and was told to go through the upgrade video.  That's cewl and all but my phone is up and working so why would I want to go through that??  Can someone at VZN just take my name/address and send my envelope to me or at least give me a tel no or address to contact and ask for same.  Grrrrr.

0 Likes
ANY IDEAS?
sandeecricket

Just want an addy to send my rebate eligible phone.   

I can print any forms and address labels here, given the info.

0 Likes
Re: ANY IDEAS?
sandeecricket

wakey, wakey  😎

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’d be scratching my head too if an activation video was sent when asking about a rebate. To be sure is it the “Bring your own device” promotion you’re claiming?
If service was started online between 6/1- 6/30, step 3 has the information ( the “i” inside the circle ) here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/

This will lead to the Rebate Center:
https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/
If this is not the rebate you’re referring to, just let us know.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes