Rebate
freddyace
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to verizon Online, there was a $250/line rebate. I switched 4 lines, bringing 4 of my own devices. Expecting $1000 in cards. I switched to verizon from ATT. Received NO instruction in an email nor in any of the bills.

Now they say that i can't get my rebate because i supposedly had only 30 days to file the rebate. This is my first time with Verizon and its unfortunate that its been a horrible customer experience so far.

Out of the 4 SIM cards only 2 ported over properly i had to spend hours in the store on two separate days just to get phones to start working.

I'm on hold now for over 25mins just waiting for the rebate people to pick up because the 2nd account rep said there's nothing they can do for me. The first rep was trying to help but got disconnected at 56mins.

I'm going to keep trying to call them to get this resolved. But its almost impossible to get anyone thats going to actually help.

Re: Rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to clarify these type of situations, and this is definitely not the way we want you to feel. We do want to clarify that in order to receive any rebate it is necessary to submit your information within 30 days. As much a swe would like to provide you with better news, we want to make sure that we set up a correct expectation going forward.

AlfredoL_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
chartroska
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had the same problem switched over 3 phones and was told that the rep had sent  in the rebate paperwork and that we needed to wait 8 weeks to get the rebate, after 8 weeks still nothing and the rep at verizon was told that sometimes it takes 2 statements to get it. Well needless to say after several contacts and no rebate. The rep resubmitted it,   I spent over 3 hours at the store being on hold, being hung up on and getting the reponse that they had not recieved the forms and  that it was to late to get it, if there was only 30 days to file it was to late having to wait 8 weeks to see if we got it. The rep in  the store was very helpful but the customer service, rebate rep and the switch over rep where not one did state that they could try and get some rebate or credit but while waiting on hold for 45 minutes i was hung up on. Not a happy customer at this time I have been a customer for years and added on my kids with this in mind buttttttt loseing that much money hurts!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chartroska, we never want a customer to have this kind of experience. I will be more than happy to assist. This will require account access so I have sent a private message for further assistance.

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vznportinscam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ported in five lines from AT&T.  I completed the order with TeleSales and was instructed that all five of my devices (2 iphone 8 plus, 2 iphone 8, 1 iphone 7) qualified for the $500 credit over 24 months and the $200 gift card per line.  I would NOT have switched without the credit and gift card per line.  I completed the trade in process and sent in alll five phones.  Even though the fifth phone they received noted that it was received as expected, they incorrectly did NOT give me the $500 credit over 24 months on the last phone they received from me.  After two calls for about an hour each, they corrected the error and said it was a system issue.  There was another issue with the service setup, and they resolved the issue, but it was a bad customer experience from the start, then it got worse.

When I switched and traded in the phones, there were extensive emails and communication from VZN.  About 45 days after switching I called to inquire about the five gift cards.  I was given the run around to call the return center, then customer service, then the return center.  I was told when I purchased that porting five lines over from AT&T qualified me for five gift cards; however, customer service stated that I did not submit the rebate request within 30 days.  THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION FROM ANY VZN REP ABOUT SUBMITTING A REBATE REQUEST FOR THE GIFT CARDS.  All this communication about trade ins, Verizon up, billing info, etc. BUT NOT A WORD ABOUT SUBMITTING A REBATE REQUEST.  I had no knowledge of being required to submit the request.  Nonsense.  Don't tell the customer, then quickly expire the rebate request window is a SCAM.

I'm thinking that customer service will do the right thing, so I tried one more time and the rep said the same thing.  I then asked to speak with a supervisor, who stated that this is a common situation and that the supervisor would submit an escalation request AND that my account does appear to be qualified from the five gift cards (value of $1,000).  I saved the chat exchange from this conversation.  After waiting three weeks, I followed up regarding the escalation request and there are NO RECORDS or communication regarding an ESCALATION REQUEST.  What !!!  Customer service then said, shall I submit another escalation request ??  I asked from a reference # and was stated that there are no reference #s, but "rest assured" it has been escalated.  I sent an email to the TeleSales rep who sold me the phones.  CRICKETS.  

I switched based on a deal I qualified for.  Annoyed customer - time to switch back AT&T? Pull in the FCC? 

Frustrated customer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is very heartbreaking to hear that a member of our family has had this experience. We strive to always be transparent and set the right expectations with our customers, which is why this situation is very disheartening. We would love an opportunity to turn this experience around for you. To do so, we will send you a Private Note, so we can assist you further. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
freddyace
Enthusiast - Level 2

No emails, no reminders, no information in the bill. How are you setting the right expectation? Seems like you are trying to ensure that the customer forgets or doesn't know what to do. And Verizon is the only company that does this.

freddyace
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an escalation in the rebate center over a week ago but I've received no information since and whenever I try to call it tells me all the circuits are busy. What Century is verizon operating in?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello freddyace,

We know how important it is to receive any promotion you are eligible for. Here is a link for all the options to contact our Digital Rebate Center support: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/contactus What date did you originally purchase these devices and transfer your service? When did you submit a claim for your promotional offer?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
ML144656
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had a similar issue.  Switched over two lines from Sprint.  Port didn't work and the reps in the store refused to help me because I initiated everything online.  Had to use one of the phones in the store to call customer service myself.  Sat on hold for three hours until they fixed everything.

Now they keep denying my rebate, saying my number was never ported over.  Been fighting with the rebate team for two months now.  I wish I stayed with Sprint.