Re: Rebate Scam
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ryan, 

I tried so hard to get my issues resolved via phone and chat.  It wasn’t until I started communicating on this forum that their customer support started to really work with me.  Be direct and explain your experience and they’ll help you to figure things out.  I’m not saying it will happen overnight, but I did spend much less time and got much more help from Verizon staff supporting these forums.  

0 Likes
Ryanvista
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not a scam, my wife and I went into a Verizon store and make the switch. We didn't realize we only had 30 days to submit the proper rebate form, so I called and spoke to a representative of Verizon and he personally put the info in for us, even though it had been about 2 months from the original switch to Verizon... we literally got our cards on Thursday (2 $200$ cards) it does take some time for them to get to you, but it's worth it, it's better than nothing, and every other service provider is pretty much dog s*** compared to Verizon, especially where we live in Southern California. So be an adult and wait for them to come, it's that simple. 😊 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you had this experience with us ryanjkamm. I know this is upsetting especially after dealing with it for weeks. We don't want to lose you and hope you remain with our family.  I truly apologize for the misinformation and delay in receiving status of the process. Do you have any questions? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
kennyyca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same this happened to me they said they couldn’t help me when i said i had been to wait till february which the after and also past 30 day which makes no sense i never received an email confirmation or receipt since they said it would come through email didn’t help whatsoever they and i just lost out on my old phone and $200 never buying a phone from here

Tags (2)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand missing out on a big promotion with the new line is a big issue, kennyyca. Could you tell us more about the trouble with getting the rebate card?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
LD0614

I have the same exact issue now. All I get is someone overseas answering the phone who could careless about my rebate. Verizon just uses that to get people to sign up. All the reps won’t do anything about it. The so called rebate center have been giving me the run around for almost six months. I wish I never switch to this company the customer service is horrible. I will make sure all of my military battle buddies never come to this company.

0 Likes
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kennyyca,
You have come to the best place to get this resolved.  I explained my frustrations in several different forums, and within a week my issues were resolved.  Make sure you click the box that gives you notifications to the responses.  I had a discussion via private chat with customer service reps that helped me through this all.  I was so frustrated before this all, but this forum has given me hope for Verizon.  Don’t give up!  I had the same experience.  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes