Re: Rebate Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we are able to help out with the problem you had with your rebate. We have sent you a private note to better assist you.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
BStanislav
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot believe the VERIZON REP that contacted me about this put me through all those worthless Private Messages and STILL did NOTHING to make this RIGHT! Especially when I am dealing with the WHOLE CORONA VIRUS problem. It would be nice if VERIZON would do what they SAID they would do when they put an ad to attract me to SWITCH from my former cell carrier to VZ.  But then WHEN I DID--I got locked into VERIZON--and before I KNEW it --before I knew VERIZON would NOT HONOUR their PROMO--it was TOO LATE TO LEAVE and get my money back on the TERRIBLE PHONE--because the RETURN (14 days return policy) was over. VERIZON this is a SCAM--your PROMO CORNERS People into staying with you--and never being able to return the cruddy phone--that you never tell us we are buying --and then you SWITH THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROMO AFTER WE ARE LOCKED INTO IT--WHEN IT IS TOO LATE--you TELL ME WEEKS LATER I WAS SUPPOSED TO BUY A PHONE OVER $500!!! THAT IS BAIT AND SWITCH!!And you do not give me the choice to say that the phone is not worth the fact that you are not going to DELIVER on the $200 because you REQUIRE me to BUY a $500 phone--which YOU NEVER TELL ME! And you never give me a chance to LEAVE the DEAL--THIS IS NOT THE DEAL A AGREED TO! THIS IS NOT THE PHONE I WANTED WITH THE DEAL that I SWITCHED OVER TO.  I did not agree to get in this much debt--thinking you would not offset my costs without coming through with a $200 MASTERCARD to help pay for some of the switch costs to pay for the phone --the old carrier phone balance and ALL THE NEW ACCESSORIES FOR THE NEW PHONE!  I do NOT need MORE DATA! That does NOT HELP ME! I have CASH issues that I need to pay for the SWITCH COSTS! MORE DATA does NOT PAY FOR ALL OF THAT!! UNDERSTAND!??? DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO WHEN I AGREED TO SWITCH AND --YOU-- AGREED TO GIVE ME A $200 MASTERCARD! (Because I switched!) If not Take back this cruddy phone and release me from the payment agreement for the phone --I will take my business to another carrier! And if you WONT release me--I will MAKE YOU RELEASE ME! Because of your BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS.

cidlvj4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was scammed as well. The only reason I signed up was because of the rebate. That was Dec. 23rd 2019.

I was to receive 600.00 in two, 200.00$ cards. I was told to wait the full 2 months and nothing else was said. after the 2 months went by and I called for rebate update. 

I received one card for 2 hundred dollars and when I called about the other 2 cards I was told that I did not qualify for the promotion. They had me jumping thru hoops demanding confirmation dates and number. I was on the phone for an hour while the girl was being rude and not helpful at all.

I checked on rebate reviews and found this is a scammer Verizon has been playing on their customers. you get your rebate after you fill out the auto pay and once that is active they do not send anything. they can take your money and not honor the promotion. two years goes fast and this is a breach of contract also. I am looking at this and reporting. then moving on to an honest service.

0 Likes
Ingridl999
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem.  I bought a new pixel 4xl online over black Friday weekend with an upgrade to unlimited.  The order was completed but the next day there was a glitch in the website which prevented the paperwork from being processed.  After spending a bunch of time on the phone with Verizon, they cancelled my order and did a new order assuring me that I would still get the rebate.  Well of course the rebate was denied.  I complained to the BBB and a Verizon guy called me back and gave a completely new reason for denying my rebate.  He said I needed to Port a number.  The offer that I used did NOT require porting.  It only required upgrading to unlimited, which I did.  Verizon does NOT honor their offers.  They look for every excuse to trick and deny.  Next time I will need to take a screenshot of the offer because they cannot be trusted. 

Ingrid d long
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cidlvj4, we certainly want you to receive all qualifying promotions. When you contacted the rebate center what was the reasoning behind why you didn't qualify? What promotion was the rebate for? 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
cidlvj4
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first 2 calls I made, first call a little over 4 weeks into the contract and was told to wait the full 8 weeks, Second call was after I received 1 out of three cards for 200.00$ on the second call I was told to wait the full 8 weeks and nothing else. So I did! I called again and was first told that Holiday switch promotion was no longer being honored. Then after about 10 minutes he said I did not buy enough phones for that promotion, then he said I waited too long and I told him I had been calling and not once was given any reason why the cards would not be sent, just wait the full 8 weeks he said sometimes the cards take a little longer to get sent so wait a couple of weeks. I did! I called again and spoke to a young woman whom had me jumping thru hoops! When did you sign up for auto pay? what date? Are you sure you finished it all the way? What was your confirmation number? I explained to her that I had already received one 200.00$ card, is that not a confirmation? She told me to check my 2 email accounts and I did but no confirmation. She said that it was possible I did not finish signing into the promotion. I said to her that the payment has been automatic withdrawn already and I received one 200.00$ card, how can you say I did not finish it? I was on the phone for so long and not once did she make an effort to find my history on the matter but had me! I had to like a stupid monkey jump when she said jump. I am a senior citizen, ill, disabled, my worst enemy is stress with my autoimmune illness and I never thought a company in America would resort to lies so they can collect their money promptly by having access to our bank to do so. I have to fight to what amounts to fraud by  the way all these people are complaining about it. I will do all I can to get out of this Verizon contract and this form of abuse of customers is not AMERICAN! The events I wrote are written in the way I recall them and while honest, they are not exact but true!

0 Likes
cidlvj4
Enthusiast - Level 2

So nothing will be done about this right? There are many of us with the same problem here and for the majority, these promos were to get people on autopay to qualify for the rebates? I think our national news would be a little interest in this story. I have a couple of friends that work as major news personal for CNN. I am not threatening but what would Verizon do if we only paid a portion of our bill every month because Verizon did not honor the promotion? American company greed! if you cant earn it, lie for it! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cidlvj4,

This is not the way we want you feeling, and don't want to see you stress. What happens when you attempt to track yur rebates?

Just in case: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
vinnyuiuc

I am having the same problems! I meet all of the requirements of the promotion but verizon won't honor their rebate! Their documentation has additional requirements that my documents don't have so they rejected me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vinnyuiuc, I assure you that we do not do business this way. None of our rebates are scams, and I truly apologize for you were misinformed. Keep in mind that all details about our promotions and rebates can be found on our website. Most of them do require a device payment agreement in order to be eligible. When shopping for a new device and you see a promotion, the details of the it are listed there. We do not have details to offers that are not provided to customers. Which off did you try to take advantage of?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes