Re: Rebate
vmSRVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very similar experience with Verizon. I switched 3 lines from ATT in January 2020. The sales rep who helped me mentioned that we had to pay full price for the phones due to some max credit limit that Verizon can offer for an account. So, I asked him if we would be eligible for the $200 Mastercard rebate for all three phones. He checked with his manager and confirmed that we will be eligible. Hence I decided to switch to Verizon and submitted all the rebate details on time. A few weeks later I got three emails stating that the rebate submission was invalid. So, I chatted with the Verizon agent who took all my information once again and said that he would escalate the issue and it will get resolved in a couple of weeks. One month later, there was still no update. When I called Verizon, I was told that since I paid full price for the phones, I am not eligible for the rebates. This does not make sense and is an absolute scam. The sales agent checked with his manager and confirmed that I would be eligible. Now, another department tells me that I can't get the rebates. It has been so frustrating dealing with Verizon. I hope somebody at Verizon reads this and sets things right for me.

ryecko
Enthusiast - Level 1

I experienced the exact same experience. Was told by the rep I would get my "Rebate" after 30 days automatically and now being told I had to go to another site and put a code and date in to initiate the rebate. Definitely a scam.  The process is flawed to benefit Verizon in a way that they can justify not paying out rebates by making the customer responsible. To ensure that happens lees communication is murky even from the customer service reps. I have heard different stories on the process from 2 different reps now which means they are not even communicating the process clearly to the Reps as well as the customers.    

veoeluz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's pretty clear by now that there was a mis-handling of these rebates.  My wife and I switched to verizon during the 2019 Black Friday event (phones and service purchased on 11/29/19), and we were told the exact same thing: The rep told us that the rebate form was already submitted and that there would be no additional information or action needed from us to obtain this rebate. I've been working with Verizon's rebate center and the only thing they can tell me is they don't see it in their system and have  no means to escalate the matter. 

This is $800 dollars (two phones/lines at $400). I'd love to give Verizon the chance to make this right.  Unfortunately, the stores are closed due to this virus business, and calling by phone hasn't gotten me anywhere either.  The online chat system seems to continuously full of people trying to get some resolution and i can never get someone on the line to help. 

Verizon representatives, if you're reading this, you have an opportunity to save a brand new customer.  I switched from Boost Mobile after having been with them for over a decade. Do you really want to lose a customer within a couple months over a rebate? Please reach out to me and let's get this thing settled. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryecko, we see that you had some concerns on your rebate. Just to get a clear understanding, did your rebate concerns become resolved? Or were you still in need of assistance? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

veoeluz, we value your loyalty and we want nothing more than to keep you as a loyal customer. We appreciate the steps you have taken in efforts to resolve your rebate concern. Making sure you receive a resolution is vital. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
kruger1932
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently working through what seems to be the exact same issue and the same time period. Qualified for the $200 prepaid gift card by porting over a number from a different carrier, everything seems great, even qualified for $350 off the newest iPhone with my trade. I was told to expect the credit within 1-2 billing cycles, so I was patient. After 2 billing cycles and no credit, call them up (trying to get through to a person during Coronavirus is even more frustrating than usual), and was told neither the trade in, nor the rebate were handled correctly at the start. I was apparently supposed to enter a promo code at a different site at the time of my checkout which I was never informed of, and the window of opportunity was closed. I explained my dissatisfaction with that, and was told that escalation tickets were submitted for both issues. I would hear back from them within a week. Fast forward another month, and I have to call them again, and fight my way up the chain of command,before being told my account will be credited for the trade in, and I should expect the prepaid gift card soon. I'll believe it when I see it. But this is absolutely ridiculous, and I hope Verizon LISTENS to these complaints and straightens up their rebate, trade in, and sales process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kruger1932, we sent you a Private Note to gather more information. Please check your inbox to continue this conversation.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vznportinscam
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vznportinscam, we definitely want to ensure that you're able to qualify for our promotions. My research of our previous correspondences shows that we last spoke on 01/18/2020. To ensure that we're on the same page, is everything okay with your account? We're here to help.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
roadoflife
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with Verizon trying to redeem two $150 pre-paid Visa cards they promised me as an incentive to sign up with their service in April 2020 and purchase two $1300 iPhone 11 Pros.  The in-store salesperson gave us the website and code (APRIL150) to start the process.  The website was malfunctioning that day and the next, refusing to process the request despite providing the correct information.  We went back to the store the next day and were told by a different salesperson not to worry about it, that our request had been submitted successfully.  We trusted the Verizon rep and just went home to await the pre-paid cards.  It's been more than 2 months since we "submitted" our rebate request and nothing has arrived.  I spent 70 minutes on the phone this morning with Verizon being passed around from agent to agent, lied to at one point by one of them (Cristian).  The defense I got from Verizon was that they don't handle the rebates -- another company does that.  They do this to distance themselves from having to take responsibility.  The fourth person I spoke with said she would submit a request to the rebate company, but said it would take something like two billing cycles.  So now that I have waited 10 weeks for the rebates, I have to wait at a minimum another 8 to see if they're even going to honor the promise.  And after reading the other experiences logged on this topic, I doubt we will ever hear anything back from Verizon.  What it comes down to is this:  Verizon made a promise to me and my family to return a total of $300 in pre-paid cards as a condition upon us starting service with them and purchasing our new iPhones in their store.  That promise was not fulfilled.  When a company does not deliver on a promise -- whether or not the rebate company they contract with was at fault -- it is fraud.  I encourage anyone who has experienced the same deception to contact their state's Attorney General's office, the FCC or any other appropriate regulatory body or agency to file a complaint.