Re: Rebate Scam
sg1234563
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing for me as well. Transferred 5 lines during Black Friday sale to Verizon and promotion was no activation fee and $250 MasterCard rebate online.  I have already been denied rebate first time because "unknown reason" contacted Verizon via chat and said they fixed issue and then 30 days later denied as duplicate. Chatted again and told will review in another 30 days.  As far as free activation - they charged me $40/line activation fee even though promotion was no activation fee. Chatted online 3 times until I threatened to switch back to T- mobile and amazingly they issued me the credit for the $200 while on the line.  I am not hopefully about rebates.  I have everything documented perfectly. Verizon is clearly a scam and hoping people just forget and don't follow-up.  Seems like recurring issue in this community nd I will be filing complaint with NYS attorney general for fraud and false advertising and send them link to this website which I am sure they will love to see.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to learn you feel this way. I can say for sure thousands of customers have received their rebates and promotions. Applying for the rebate is required and it must be done in the allowed time. If a new line or port-in was required that also must be done. If you have your submission ID, I can check and see why it was not approved. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
sg1234563
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did BYOD and port over my numbers on 5 lines from T mobile. I have all documentation as well as proof of submission back in November. Rebate submitted online in 24 hours after the purchase. I send a PM with my rebate submission numbers.  All 3 times I contacted Verizon I was not given a reason why it was denied just that it was resubmitted and wait another 30 days.  

0 Likes
kaleneengel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Count me among the victims of the Verizon Rebate Scam.  Similar story--was a loyal Straight Talk customer for years but got horrid in by the Black Friday Switch and Trade-In your phone to get a $400 rebate.  I spent all day researching the deal and had a lengthy chat with a Verizon rep before making the purchase of two $1200 phones.  Despite the two day shipping promise, we didn't get the phones until 6 days after purchase online (and, thus, could not transfer info from trade in phones until we had new ones).  After much difficulty switching over the service, I shipped the trade in phones back (and they were received), then submitted the rebate requests on 12/4/19 and 12/6/19.  Received email on 1/9/20 stating that they were having trouble processing--communicated with rep, sent .pdf of purchase info, etc. and told to wait.  Checked in last week.  Told to wait a week. Received another email today stating "difficulty processing."  Got on chat line with "Samuel" who was no help, would not give me supervisor's name, had no answers.  Said wait another 30 days.  Glad I bought the phones outright cuz I can switch back at any time.  Have documentation of absolutely everything, but no one can tell me what the issue is.  Very disappointed in Verizon. Do. Better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bindord68, we certainly appreciate your kind words! Remember, you're "Our" valued customer and your account concerns are always our concerns too! We're always here to assist you anytime. If there is anything else we can assist you with please reach out to us. You've made our day and our entire team thanks you! - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
kaleneengel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like Customer Support to message me off this list to discuss and resolve my rebate scam concerns.

0 Likes
sarahglatz

Rebate was a total bait and switch.  We didn't even need new phones.  Every single person we dealt with at Verizon (at least 10) told us we were eligible for this rebate and helped to string us along.  It's an hour of negative energy for every contact and they're just waiting for us to give up.  Filed an FTC complaint and will continue to find avenues to address this.  I can't imagine it is legal to so blatantly deceive people like this:

I was told by sales agents by phone, online chat, AND in the store, that if I switched to Verizon, I would be eligible for a $200 prepaid credit card as incentive. 

Not only was there an issue with every single aspect of the switch, from auto-pay discount, military discount not applied, exiting phones not compatible, and not porting all of our numbers to Verizon.

At any rate, when we finally left the Verizon store in South Portland on 10/15/2019, Mike gave us the promo FALLSWITCH to enter into our new Verizon account from home.  I even have the printout he handed me with instructions to do so. The code was invalid when I followed directions. So I promptly called Customer Service and spoke to Madray who told me that I was given the wrong code. He graciously volunteered to enter the right code for me while I waited on the phone.  He confirmed that he registered me for the rebate on my three phones. 

I called about a month later and was told that the process takes 45 days.  I spoke with Cheryl who gave me my tracking numbers for these cards: 8996#####, 8996#####, 8996#####.

I waited until after the 45 day mark and logged in to check on these. The website said they were "invalid".

I promptly called again and was apologetically told that the invalid status was listed because of the activation date, but the agent said that he was confused because  it looked like I activated within the promo time period.  So, the customer service agent said he would file an "appeal" and I would have to wait another 14 days and someone would get back to me.

After the 21 days, I heard nothing, of course.  I called AGAIN only to be told that our phones were not eligible for this promo.

So we were lured into the plan and switching our phones (which we didn't NEED to do) with this promo by multiple Verizon agents, then strung along for months only to be denied the promo.  Not only that, our "free" phones are only free as long as we stay with Verizon until they're paid off...a month at a time. So, they have us trapped and don't have to deliver on their promise.  This is totally a Bait and Switch.

I've seen this all over the internet from many many Verizon customers, so I hope this get some legal attention and people start getting what they were promised.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaleneengel, getting the qualified promotion is essential. I am sorry to learn that it took so long for you to receive the phones. Did you check the status of the trade in here https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/trade-in#/checkStatus

Additionally, what phones were purchased and what phones were traded in?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
kaleneengel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Trade-in Credit:  I have checked the status of the trade ins and it says they were received and both were accepted for the $400 trade in value, but I have received no credit. I did work with a very helpful person through your Facebook page and have ticket numbers for both phones. I am hopeful that this issue will be resolved through that individual's assistance.

$400 VISA Prepaid Card for Black Friday: I would like someone to review Chat Transcript Reference Number 753048780829340657.  This was the chat I had with a Verizon rep immediately before purchasing the phones and transferring the lines. It is what induced me to take those actions. I can scan and email this if it will speed things up.  Here is an excerpt.

You:  Ok, next question. For Black Friday, in addition to the $400 trade in that is paid in monthly increments, it says that you would also get a $400 prepaid VISA card if you purchased an iphone 11 and went to a rebate center with the code BLACKFRIDAY?  Is that correct?

Verizon: Yes that is correct!

Verizon: So that is $800 in savings

You:  That is a great deal!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaleneengel, getting the MasterCards that were promised is a top priority for us, as we wouldn't want to start our relationship with a bad experience. We would need to gather more information to further assist you. Please reply to our private note. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes